WTF Seat Post !!!!!

Comments

• Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    The seller must be a triathlete as there was must emphasis on a forward saddle position to apply more power to the cranks. I have a very forward position on my TT bike and needed a special seat post that enabled me to hold such a position. Unfortunately, I was so far forward on a small frame that I kept cutting my knee on the head cap when putting a real effort in. Going to the next size up of Specialized Transition this next season.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • PhilofCas
    PhilofCas Posts: 1,153
    well, you learn something new every day ! just looks so so wrong to me and that's fooked that thread up ha-ha
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    PhilofCas wrote:
    well, you learn something new every day ! just looks so so wrong to me and that's fooked that thread up ha-ha

Yeah, like I'd like to see the fatty who sat on that and bent it. :lol:
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • PhilofCas
    or the silly person who bought a frame that is too large and thought, I know, I'll get a stupidly laid back seat post and swing it round the other way...... :lol:
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,571
    I think that's a standard "Profile" seat post from a few years back that they released for precisely this reason - so you could use a "normal" road frame, but with this post get an effective seat tube angle of about 78 degrees or something silly.

They still do the same thing in principle, just a little less extreme looking.

http://www.profile-design.com/profile-design/products/seatposts/aluminum-seat-posts
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Sounds like the seller has nicked that bike.
  • Fastlad
    Fastlad Posts: 908
    Aye, WTF is that all about? I've never seen anything so ridiculous. The seller needs a good swift kick to the klackerbag :roll:
  • PhilofCas
    Fastlad wrote:
    Aye, WTF is that all about? I've never seen anything so ridiculous. The seller needs a good swift kick to the klackerbag :roll:

:lol::lol:
  • Got to admit I'm a tri-geek myself by WTF is going on there I have no idea!
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • PhilofCas
    just had another look to refresh my memory, it's awesome :)
  • tx14
    tx14 Posts: 244
    cervelo supply something similar for the s1 frame i believe.
  • He's sold quite a few bikes. :roll:
    Giant Escape M1....
    Penny Farthing
    Unicycle
    The bike the Goodies rode
    Pogo Stick
    Donkey on Roller skates.......OK I'm lying, but I am down to one bike right now and I feel bad about it,