Cotic Soda XX

bol
bol Posts: 138
edited October 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Trashing my forks and other bits and pieces in an accident a few weeks ago was the excuse I needed to give my Soda a makeover. It's now a bit more bling than I had intended, but the lightly used xx transmission was too good to refuse. The forks are Fox Terralogics, which are amazing. I thought I'd post it up before I go and get it muddy.

90e74297.jpg

Comments

• weescott
    weescott Posts: 453
    Nice build and a nice frame. The colour matches the crankset nicely. The big ol cassette looks weird to me though. :lol: all very 8)
  • bol
    Yeh, the dinnerplate cassette almost as big as the crankset is going to take time to get used to. We'll be seeing a lot more like it though I guess.
  • stunning :) very very jealous.
  • LoUiS1985
    LoUiS1985 Posts: 841
    awesome ride.........i like
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    AWesome. How did you wreck the forks though?
  • bol
    I wrecked the forks by very stupidly driving under a hight restriction barrier with the bike on the roof. Luckily my insurance paid out. Also luckily the frame was completely undamaged. Glad I went for Ti rather than carbon, or it would probably have been a write off.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    bol wrote:
    I wrecked the forks by very stupidly driving under a hight restriction barrier with the bike on the roof. Luckily my insurance paid out. Also luckily the frame was completely undamaged. Glad I went for Ti rather than carbon, or it would probably have been a write off.

i did that, on the way from the bike shop with new bike on roof. had to go back 10 minutes later with a snapped frame and disbelieving looks as if the say WTF?
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    edited October 2010
    I reckon we have one bike a week that's been driven into a height restriction barrier, admittedly few are retarded enough to do it with a brand new bike, but don't worry, you're not alone! ;-)

It's got rather a lot of seatpost! Be interested to see what you think of the forks, the old Terralogics were always a good theory badly executed!
  • bol
    It is so easily done. It has provided a lot of entertainment for my riding mates. I'm very lucky I've got good house insurance. If I'd trashed it while riding I don't think I'd have been so lucky.
  • njee20
    You're lucky the car survived, the rack can take the roof off like a tin of sardines!
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    bol wrote:
    It is so easily done. It has provided a lot of entertainment for my riding mates. I'm very lucky I've got good house insurance. If I'd trashed it while riding I don't think I'd have been so lucky.
    My insurance covered too thankfully. And yes endless entertainment, although out of six people in my cycling group who us the shop three of us have done it!
  • bol
    The car didn't like it a lot. It now has a nice corrogated effect where the roofrack was ripped off.

Everyone comments on the amount of seatpost and how low the front is. It fits me a treat like this.

The Terralogics are very clever and effective. They do take a little getting used to - mainly because they sit so high in their travel. It often feels more like a 130 than a 120. They are also a fair chunk heavier than the standard f120s. For the sort of riding I do I think they'll be great when they've worn in a bit. The good thing is there is none of the delay or clunk that you got with the old ones or te Spesh Brain. I'll see how I get on with them in the Lakes in a couple of weeks.
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Very nice, except the longest seatpost in the world and a huge cassette!
  • njee20
    It makes sense, it's basically the same internals as the newer Brain shocks, as the old ones were the same as older Brain shocks! Considering the shocks work vastly better it stands to reason the forks will too!