Cry for Sympathy...

sc999cs
sc999cs Posts: 596
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
I've spent the last few years trying to persuade my colleagues at work to cycle in. I've done really well but this has created a major problem. From having a 10 space bike shed all to myself I now have to share it. Today I was lucky to even get a space. I know I'll get little sympathy from those of you without dedicated cycle parking but it is really hard going from my own 'private' bike parking after 8 years to having to share :evil:
Steve C

Comments

• Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    Firstly, well done on your efforts. Secondly, don't ask the powers that be for better/expanded facilities or they will think you're being bolshy.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    Well done on getting them all cycling!

If they keep it up, then it's time to talk to your employer and look at expanding the cycling facilities you have etc.1
  • marcusjb wrote:
    Well done on getting them all cycling!

If they keep it up, then it's time to talk to your employer and look at expanding the cycling facilities you have etc.1

+1 for the first but and Op you have my sympathies, I've been evicted from 'my' shed too now.

2nd bit hahahahahahahahahaha yeah right (cynical moi :evil: )
  • Mine lives under the fire escape so it stays dry but bikes litter the office walls all over the place because there is no proper facility.

I told my boss that if I ever get an expensive bike it's coming in my office with me. He agreed that it was a good idea. :D
    Giant Escape M1....
    Penny Farthing
    Unicycle
    The bike the Goodies rode
    Pogo Stick
    Donkey on Roller skates.......OK I'm lying, but I am down to one bike right now and I feel bad about it,
  • dondare
    dondare Posts: 2,113
    See how many keep it up in the cold dark wet winter. I guess you'll soon have the pick of spaces again.
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • Mr Sworld
    Mr Sworld Posts: 703
    Well done indeed! :D

I don't have to worry about that sort of thing as I have:

a) A master key for work so I can put my bike anywhere,

and

b) led a campaign to rid the bike stand of 'stored bikes'. The skip arrives next week.... :D And one of the bike's belongs to high management..... :twisted:
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    dondare wrote:
    See how many keep it up in the cold dark wet winter. I guess you'll soon have the pick of spaces again.

+1

Numbers have been declining this week. Give it another 2 weeks and there will be only half the bikes at our place than there were in June/July/August...
    FCN 2 to 8
  • sc999cs
    sc999cs Posts: 596
    dondare wrote:
    I can but hope, but the signs are not promising - I might have done too good a job... Let's hope we get some cold winds and rain soon to drive them off :twisted:
    Steve C