Clubs in birmingham area

andy83
andy83 Posts: 1,558
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
Anyone a member of any clubs in birmingham area? looking to join one but little dubious, not sure why

Just wanted some recomendations really

Thanks

Comments

• sc999cs
    sc999cs Posts: 596
    How far out of Birmingham are you looking - and which sort?
    Steve C
  • andy83
    erm not too far out of birmingham but preferably ones with mid week rides.

little unsure as all this club stuff is new to me although want to start racing next year hence me looking to get into one now
  • sc999cs
    For general riding try
    The North Birmingham CTC group. Alternatively Beacon Roads Cycling Club are highly regarded.
    Steve C
  • andy83
    thanks will have a good look at them

any views on solihull club as that also quite local
  • sc999cs
    andy83 wrote:

Again held in quite high esteem.

Best thing is to go along and see if any particular club's style of riding suits you. Some clubs organise runs and if you get dropped, too bad. Others ride at the pace of the slowest rider and never leave anyone behind.
    Steve C
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    andy83 wrote:

Solihull have access to an off-road circuit, though I don't know how often they use it in or out of season.

If Solihull is local to you there is little point me banging the drum for my club, Walsall Roads C.C. We currently have training rides on Tuesday evening from Aldridge Scout Hut.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • andy83
    Hmm that sounds quite interesting actually, I regular travel to aldridge on my bike to see family.

Do they do any midweek rides during the daytime. The only thing with Solihull is they ride a lot of places I already do on own or with friend so riding somewhere else could be good
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    I'm thinking about joining walsall rcc too the sunday rides start by my parents house. Need to get a pass from the wife though first, and need my new work plan to come off!
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017