Genesis Croix De Fer 2011 £899 at Evans?

mcj78
mcj78 Posts: 634
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
Hi all,

Whilst looking through evans' website I noticed they seem to be advertising the 2011 model in all sizes at the same price as they were selling the last few remaining 2010 models in the recent sale. Popped in for a look, the assistant checked the computer system and told me whilst it might be a mistake, the computer system would let him order them in at this price (I couldn't order one as it transpires my cycle to work scheme doesn't cover Evans). Has anyone else taken advantage of this? The cheapest I can see them elsewhere is £999 down from £1099, & that's probably to get under the 1k limit many bike to work schemes have in place - so the evans deal looks a bargain if it's correct

J
Moda Issimo
Genesis Volare 853
Charge Filter Apex

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Lovely looking bike.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • mcj78
    Yeah, I think it looks better in the flesh too - as a side note the Day 01 Alfine with the bright orange paint is lovely as well, Genesis have some good looking machines in their range!
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
    mcj78 wrote:
    Genesis have some good looking machines in their range!

+1

Bikedock in Belfast currently have the gorgeous 2010 Equilibrium for £849
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Genesis make some terriific looking kit and they ride nice too.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    mcj78 wrote:
    Genesis have some good looking machines in their range!

+1

Bikedock in Belfast currently have the gorgeous 2010 Equilibrium for £849

Me wants an equilibrium, drool.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    I've got a 2010 CdF.

From a cursory google, it doesn't look like there have been any changes for 2011.
  • godders1
    godders1 Posts: 750
    Except the RRP!

The rims on that Day 1 Alfine look tacky as hell. Shame as it's a lovely looking bike otherwise.
  • mcj78
    Yeah the price rise is a bit of a bummer on the cdf - if my work could offer Evans as one of the ctw suppliers i'd be definitely testing that £899 price out to see if they'd honour it!

The Alfine day 01 is lovely but a bit back-end heavy & personally I didn't like the Virsa shifters... it'll probably go down a storm this year though!
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • Aidy wrote:
    I've got a 2010 CdF.

From a cursory google, it doesn't look like there have been any changes for 2011.

I think the difference is that the 2011 CdF hasn't got the interrupter brake levers (bad) and has got rack mounts that aren't fouled by the cowled dropouts (good).

I've been really pleased with mine.
  • Aidy wrote:
    I've got a 2010 CdF.

I think the difference is that the 2011 CdF hasn't got the interrupter brake levers (bad) and has got rack mounts that aren't fouled by the cowled dropouts (good).

I've been really pleased with mine.
  • Had the bike in by basket and was ready to purchase and have just seen it is back up to £999 on Evans web site..

Cool bike but at £999 just seems a little over-priced.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Had the bike in by basket and was ready to purchase and have just seen it is back up to £999 on Evans web site..

Cool bike but at £999 just seems a little over-priced.

This!

Do like the look of this but I can't see the value in a 'upgrade' from my Allez?

The main difference is the discs and steel frame but it comes in at 2kg heavier and my Allez takes to a rack pretty nicely.

I can't wait for the CX bikes with discs to go mainstream in a year or two, then we'll get great all year commuters that can be stripped down nicely for the weekend.
  • mcj78
    iPete wrote:

I can't wait for the CX bikes with discs to go mainstream in a year or two, then we'll get great all year commuters that can be stripped down nicely for the weekend.

Yep - can't be a bad thing, looking forward to more cx disc-equipped bikes appearing & hopefully the price coming down a bit - stick a set of 23c tyres on & off you go!
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex