Headwind!!

Pufftmw
Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
Oooh - for all you lucky people heading West/South West tonight, you are in for a treat :D

Just cycled through town to Covent Garden from Aldgate and it was lovely and strong. I wasn't helping it by being on the Gary and the tyres need some air but I think you WILL feel it...

Have fun

:)

Comments

• hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    was a killer headwind last night running west across across blackheath towards deptford.

wind sucks (or should that be blows?)
    Hat + Beard
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    Pufftmw wrote:
    Oooh - for all you lucky people heading West/South West tonight, you are in for a treat :D

Just cycled through town to Covent Garden from Aldgate and it was lovely and strong. I wasn't helping it by being on the Gary and the tyres need some air but I think you WILL feel it...

Have fun

How is that possible when there was a headwind coming in this morning? Does mother nature simply not abide by fairness? Is she in cahoots with the puncture fairy?
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Ride home for lunch today, avg 14.2 mph, back to the office 19.8. 'King wind! At least the sun was a
    Shining!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • sc999cs
    sc999cs Posts: 596
    Is there any other type of wind?
    Steve C
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I died on the way home tonight - struggled every step of the way. Sections where I would normally be cruising in 6th at about 19mph I was struggling in 4th at 14.

That was not fun. :cry:

I even pulled in to let a couple of lorries past. I knew I was massively holding them up with the wind slowing me down. It didn't seem fair they had to suffer as well.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    I died on the way home tonight - struggled every step of the way. Sections where I would normally be cruising in 6th at about 19mph I was struggling in 4th at 14.

That was not fun. :cry:

I even pulled in to let a couple of lorries past. I knew I was massively holding them up with the wind slowing me down. It didn't seem fair they had to suffer as well.

So you let lorries past and did not draft them? I disappoint.

unless they went past too quick...
    I had a bit of wind around here too, but it just so happened that it was head/tail there and back. Better than constant side wind! :P
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    W1 wrote:
    Pufftmw wrote:

Have fun

How is that possible when there was a headwind coming in this morning? Does mother nature simply not abide by fairness? Is she in cahoots with the puncture fairy?

Genuinely didn't feel that this morning; it felt worse going west. WTH?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Bit confused. Didn't seem much wind in either direction. :? Chilly, though. Brrr
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    JonGinge wrote:
    Bit confused. Didn't seem much wind in either direction. :? Chilly, though. Brrr

Ditto, no wind at all - just checked the wind map http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ it concurs no wind.

MTFU the lot of you. :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Mr Sworld
    Mr Sworld Posts: 703
    MTFU!

I commute along the coast, there's always wind!

It makes the sailors happy however! :D
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    JonGinge wrote:

Agreed, nothing of note wind-wise heading west last night.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    I seem to act like a wind magnet no matter which way I go.....even managed to get a headwind in Blackfriars tunnel last night.