Riding Buddies, Leicester

Archer55
Archer55 Posts: 2
edited April 2012 in MTB rides
Anyone out there want to meet up evenings or weekends for local trail rides base in Leicester. Or I like Sherwood type of riding (weekends)

55 year old kid at heart - fed up with chasing superfit speedmerchants.

Reasonably fit for age, like to go out for a good laugh/chat as well as the bike ride.

Have been known to enjoy the odd bit of liquid refreshment !

Comments

• Hi,
    57 year kid at heart here, and I can't keep up with the wippets either :lol:

I've been trying to get a regular group going over here by Rutland Water for a long time but so far no luck.

I do most of my weekend riding around here and then get away once a month for longer rides to places like the Peak District, Shropshire, The lakes, and the Welshtrail centres.

I've also hooked up with the 'Slow Rides' group from this forum and have enjoyed some lovely rides and good company. I'm going to Dalby with them on the 30th, if youwant to join in, a lift with me is certainly possible.

I do get a bit of free time mid week and tend to ride places like Sherwood or Cannock then.

What side of Leicester are you? I would certainly be interested in seeing if we can get together some time for a ride and post ride drink.
  • A group meet Tuesday nights at Groby colledge entrance 7 oclock lights needed
    rideing more drinking less 2007 good year
  • stelaking wrote:
    A group meet Tuesday nights at Groby colledge entrance 7 oclock lights needed

Do these meets still go off,i am from earl shilton and looking for riding buddies to show me some nice trails in the area,had a ride out round thornton reservoir today,a bit of single track in the woods,back on the roads and bumped in to a guy called nick on the way back,freindly chap who said he does a bit of xc racing,on asking him about some decent trails around the area.
    he mentioned a few meet at groby college tuesday evenings,if anyone sees this post and it still goes ahead,am i ok to pop allong and ride with you all.

cheers
  • Sektor
    Sektor Posts: 2
    Im curently living in Stamford and am a keen mountain biker. I ride a lot in scotland and wales in the holidays but obviously it aint that mountaineous round here so Id be interested in some after work rides anywhere really to keep fit. I go to Wakerly sometimes and Sherwood Pines, even Cannock now the evenings are lighter, also interested in maybe piecing together some local bridleway riding just to have a look around.
  • sc1858
    sc1858 Posts: 25
    Sektor wrote:
    Im curently living in Stamford and am a keen mountain biker. I ride a lot in scotland and wales in the holidays but obviously it aint that mountaineous round here so Id be interested in some after work rides anywhere really to keep fit. I go to Wakerly sometimes and Sherwood Pines, even Cannock now the evenings are lighter, also interested in maybe piecing together some local bridleway riding just to have a look around.

i'm in nottingham / grantham / newark area (depending on day) and have just got back into riding, and am looking for evening ride buddies!