McQuaid pushing for 4 year bans as standard?

Bronzie
Bronzie Posts: 4,927
edited October 2010 in Pro race
http://www.velochrono.fr/actu/2010/dopa ... uatre-ans/

Pat McQuaid took the opportunity to drop a little bomb: he announced the suspension will be "normal" of a rider in two years, the current standard, to four years

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    The trouble is you can't be sure whether this is the considered opinion of the UCI President or just a little loose talk for the loud-mouth buffoon who is bizarrely still in the sport's top job.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    It's a soundbite designed to appeal to those slow-of-thinking IMO.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Well I've got little to say on the biggest doping scandal in the sport, despite the fact my organisation sat on the story for some time, in breach of the standard practice. So I'll lob out something to distract you instead.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,811
    Kléber wrote:
    Well I've got little to say on the biggest doping scandal in the sport, despite the fact my organisation sat on the story for some time, in breach of the standard practice. So I'll lob out something to distract you instead.

pretty much
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,811
    does this mean bertie is going to get a ban or what?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Would it prevent a Third Coming of St Lance ?

Surely even he would think he was too old in 4 years...