Bike pure ???

northernneil
northernneil Posts: 1,549
edited October 2010 in Pro race
ooopps:-

from Bike Pures Facebook site :-

"Caisse d'Epargne rider Ruis Costa has tested positive for a banned stimulant. Sadly, Costa aligned himself with our organisation and has been removed from our website. We'll be issuing a statement on our website soon."

Comments

• Thanks for the update, I hadn't heard much about Bike Pure lately but remember a year or two ago, they were out promoting themselves.

Where there is $$, people are going to be doing this as well as considering, they have to keep up with the next person who likely is also using.
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    ooopps:-

from Bike Pures Facebook site :-

"Caisse d'Epargne rider Ruis Costa has tested positive for a banned stimulant. Sadly, Costa aligned himself with our organisation and has been removed from our website. We'll be issuing a statement on our website soon."

And they had their statement up on their site pretty quickly too:

http://bikepure.org/2010/10/sad-day/
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    Bike Pure are wankers. They banned me from following them on Twitter for asking where they got their authority from. Not an unreasonable question, and a reply would have sufficed. But to ban me? Shades of Lance.

They have a commercial business model to maintain I guess. A bit like Livestrong huh.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    AndyRubio wrote:
    Bike Pure are wankers. They banned me from following them on Twitter for asking where they got their authority from. Not an unreasonable question, and a reply would have sufficed. But to ban me? Shades of Lance.

They have a commercial business model to maintain I guess. A bit like Livestrong huh.

This issue was raised on an Irish forum in the past month. The Bikepure accounts are available by contiacting them or from the companies office. IIRC, they are making a loss of ~ €15,000, and are operating on a personal loan from one of the directors. Whatever about their moral authority, they certainly don't appear to be in it for their financial betterment.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I don't see them doing any harm, the problem is more in the naivety of their supporters who think wristbands (massive irony, given they were popularised by The Archdoper) and headset spacers will make a difference.

It's good to try and spread the word, but it's obvious that one day a rider is going to get caught out. The very fact that organisations like this exist should worry, it suggests we need outside people to carry the mantle of a clean sport and that the authorities are not trusted.
  • AndyRubio wrote:

:evil:

So you surrpourt bike unpure

go find a new sport, is it that you don't want a pure sport, must young guys risk their life to get paid to do what they love (cycling).

would that entertain you and your sad life.
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    AndyRubio wrote:

:evil:

go find a new sport, is it that you don't want a pure sport, must young guys risk their life to get paid to do what they love (cycling).

would that entertain you and your sad life.

eh? bit much?

he had a valid point though - plus the opening line of his post "bikepure are wankers..." was a classic!
  • :evil:

Ahh, the old "if you're not with us you're against us" line. I bow to your self-appointed moral high ground, which only bike pure supporters are entitled to occupy.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Kléber wrote:
    I don't see them doing any harm, the problem is more in the naivety of their supporters who think wristbands (massive irony, given they were popularised by The Archdoper) and headset spacers will make a difference.

It's good to try and spread the word, but it's obvious that one day a rider is going to get caught out. The very fact that organisations like this exist should worry, it suggests we need outside people to carry the mantle of a clean sport and that the authorities are not trusted.

we can work out right from wrong ourselves, no? BP isn't needed.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Dave_1 wrote:

we can work out right from wrong ourselves, no? BP isn't needed.

These threads are full of the fact that we can't agree much on anything, let alone right and wrong :?
  • There have been a # of teams that have come out to "race clean" or be a "clean team."

The Bike Pure idea seems admirable.

Is it Rock Racing that also tries to race clean?? Man, there clothes are so blasted ridiculously expensive.

In theory, we can sort it out for ourselves, in practise? I don't know about that. I'd say thumbs up for the teams out on the front lines doing this.

I think there is another team over in Italy or International but mainly based in Italy that purport to ride clean too. Someone should make up a list.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    think if HTC and Vaughters team have no a + in 3 years so we can probably accept their marketing campaign isn't all talk-they look to be living up to their word
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Dave_1 wrote:
    think if HTC and Vaughters team have no a + in 3 years so we can probably accept their marketing campaign isn't all talk-they look to be living up to their word
    They're doing all they can and it's worth noting. But I don't think Bouygues or FDJ have had a positive either, they just don't sing about it.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,558
    There have been a # of teams that have come out to "race clean" or be a "clean team."

Is it Rock Racing that also tries to race clean?? Man, there clothes are so blasted ridiculously expensive.

In theory, we can sort it out for ourselves, in practise? I don't know about that. I'd say thumbs up for the teams out on the front lines doing this.

I think there is another team over in Italy or International but mainly based in Italy that purport to ride clean too. Someone should make up a list.

:shock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Racing-Murcia
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    There have been a # of teams that have come out to "race clean" or be a "clean team."

I reckon I can work it out for myself better than they can. Portuguese rider on Caisse d'Epargne? Two significant risk factors there...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    LangerDan wrote:
    AndyRubio wrote:

This issue was raised on an Irish forum in the past month. The Bikepure accounts are available by contiacting them or from the companies office. IIRC, they are making a loss of ~ €15,000, and are operating on a personal loan from one of the directors. Whatever about their moral authority, they certainly don't appear to be in it for their financial betterment.

The fact that they are currently making a loss doesn't prove they weren't/aren't in it for the money. Maybe they are, maybe thy aren't - we all gotta eat.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    dougzz wrote:
    These threads are full of the fact that we can't agree much on anything, let alone right and wrong :?

I disagree :D