tights

Alphabet
Alphabet Posts: 436
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
first day wearing them. fleece lined and lovely lovely lovely. it feels like i'm wearing an inside out teddy bear. winter gloves were a bit much though.

i tend to wear shorts and a top in all weathers because i hate getting too hot - just MTFU through the first 10 minutes and then i'm fine, but this is the absolute business.

i look a right tit though.

Comments

• hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    are they cycling specific or the missus'? :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Tights for yesterday's 53 mile ride and the same again for this morning's commute. Its getting colder this week so the full bib tights might have to come out tomorrow!

On the "I look silly" point, I normally wear some baggies over the top to save the ladies blushes :wink:
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    Alphabet wrote:
    first day wearing them. fleece lined and lovely lovely lovely. it feels like i'm wearing an inside out teddy bear. winter gloves were a bit much though.

i tend to wear shorts and a top in all weathers because i hate getting too hot - just MTFU through the first 10 minutes and then i'm fine, but this is the absolute business.

i look a right tit though.

Only if you're not on or next to your bike, surely.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Alphabet
    well, they're from the missus (as a present), but proper cycling ones :)

Fairly sure i still look a tit with them on even when i'm on my bike
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    Alphabet wrote:
    well, they're from the missus (as a present), but proper cycling ones :)

Fairly sure i still look a tit with them on even when i'm on my bike

I've started wearing some basic nike drifit ones when I go running and the suns not up yet/already gone down and i'd feel like a right berk if I was just walking about in them but if I'm running it's obvious to all and sundry what I'm up to so the embarassment is much less. I don't see how it would be any different with cycling.
    Hat + Beard
  • Alphabet
    context wise it's fine - it's obvious why i've got them on. but honestly, if you se someone in full daygow lycra whipping along on their carbon machine, is it possible to not think they look like a clown that's been through an over-hot spin cycle? no. it isn't.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I always find this time of year awkward. 1 day it's sub 10C and I wear tights and jacket then another day it's 13C and I don't need either the tights or the jacket. Some days I feel like wearing full finger gloves, other days not...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Norky
    Norky Posts: 276
    hatbeard wrote:
    are they cycling specific or the missus'? :lol:

I tried the wife's hosiery.

Warm enough, but the suspenders kept coming undone as I pedalled.
    The above is a post in a forum on the Intertubes, and should be taken with the appropriate amount of seriousness.
  • wearing them for the first time in years. still waiting for the first Max Wall crack but I'm past caring what I look like bimbling into work.

wouldn't wear them for a trip to Tesco though
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    wearing them for the first time in years. still waiting for the first Max Wall crack but I'm past caring what I look like bimbling into work.

wouldn't wear them for a trip to Tesco though

I wear mine into Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's, in the pub after work etc etc, I'm not bothering to change just to go into a supermarket! I wear mine under baggy shorts though, makes them a little less, erm, revealing...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.