Lucky I Ordered That New Tyre eh!

prawny
prawny Posts: 5,440
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
66665_437855451403_697481403_5322700_5377157_n.jpg

Not too bad though, it'd done over 5000 miles with 2 flats.

Trying a Rubino Pro 3 this week. Fun :D
Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017

Comments

• I would get another Gatorskin as it seems to have done you very well
  • You can barley see the thread, it's got 500miles left. But replace it or the PF might come around :)
    FCN16 - 1970 BSA Wayfarer

FCN4 - Fixie Inc
  • prawny
    You can barley see the thread, it's got 500miles left. But replace it or the PF might come around :)

That's why it's come off, got a flat on the way home on friday.

Rubino Report: Much more comfortable at the same pressures, seems a bit faster too (hard to tell I've still got a gatorskin on the front) will have to see how it holds up and what the milage is like.
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • prawny wrote:
    You can barley see the thread, it's got 500miles left. But replace it or the PF might come around :)

Rubino Report: Much more comfortable at the same pressures, seems a bit faster too (hard to tell I've still got a gatorskin on the front) will have to see how it holds up and what the milage is like.

I love my Rubino Pros, they do me very well. Do make sure you've got them well pumped up though, they specify a minimum of 100 psi. I keep mine nearer 130 psi, because I'm 'ard.
  • prawny
    prawny wrote:

I love my Rubino Pros, they do me very well. Do make sure you've got them well pumped up though, they specify a minimum of 100 psi. I keep mine nearer 130 psi, because I'm 'ard.

Yeah I went with 110 to start with, used to keep the contis just under 100. Silky smooth. I might treat my arse to a pair of 25's next year, mmmm buttery.
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017