Chrono des Nations "live"

blazing_saddles
blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
edited October 2010 in Pro race
The very last of the season if anyone is interested.
http://www.chronodesnations.com/chrono/ ... ct_tv.html
"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

Comments

• Is this really the live coverage?

Just seen Pip Gilbert leave the start ramp, surely not?????
  • lucybears
    lucybears Posts: 366
    Is this really the live coverage?

Just seen Pip Gilbert leave the start ramp, surely not?????

surely is !!!!!!

starting 15h58 CET
    interview.cyclingfever.com
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    It's Millar time. Longo wins the womens, Dowsett the espoirs.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Final Men's standings:

1. David Millar (GB) Garmin-Transitions in 58-53.27
    2. Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) Team Sky at 2-19
    3. Lieuwe Westra (Ned) Vacansoleil at 3-06

I take back my previous comments about EBH not being known for his TT skills.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    He won the prestigious tour of Oman (or was it Quatar) time trial didn't he?
  • sportvan
    sportvan Posts: 105
    Great ride by David Millar and not only received a medal but 2 massive trophies.
    Anyone know why Bradley Wiggins was not riding.
  • eh
    eh Posts: 4,854
    I take back my previous comments about EBH not being known for his TT skills

Don't look at the position look at the time gap, over 2 minutes is HUGE. EBH won't be threatening the top TT riders anytime soon.
  • eh wrote:

Don't look at the position look at the time gap, over 2 minutes is HUGE. EBH won't be threatening the top TT riders anytime soon.

maybe not but he is very good right across the board i think he will make a good 1 week stage race rider, not sure about a gt though?
  • eh wrote:

maybe not but he is very good right across the board i think he will make a good 1 week stage race rider, not sure about a gt though?
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Who'd have thought that from a Brit point of view 2010 would be all about millar rather than wiggins. Great ride
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    eh wrote:

but Millar's near to fastest TTer in the world just now..so ebh looks not bad
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    well done to Millar.

So what is going on with the womens TT then. Is 50 year old Longo that good or are the others so poor ? No wonder she keeps on going
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    sherer wrote:
    well done to Millar.

So what is going on with the womens TT then. Is 50 year old Longo that good or are the others so poor ? No wonder she keeps on going

The quality of the field was extremely shallow.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    sherer wrote:
    well done to Millar.

Beating Amber Neben isn't half bad. Although, Neben is 35 years old herself, and nr 3 Pitel is 43.
    Apparently, the main reason Pitel keeps racing is that she has waited all her career for the moment Longo stops, so she can finally be the 'best French rider' :lol:
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    FJS wrote:
    sherer wrote:
    well done to Millar.

Beating Amber Neben isn't half bad. Although, Neben is 35 years old herself, and nr 3 Pitel is 43.
    Apparently, the main reason Pitel keeps racing is that she has waited all her career for the moment Longo stops, so she can finally be the 'best French rider' :lol:

Neben hasn't had the best of times since her crash last year so not sure she's anywhere near her best - but good to se she's signed with HTC-Highroad for next seson though. Pitel the perennial second place in the TT at the French nationals - Longo's staying on just to annoy her!