Hotels in/near Bourg d'Oisans

Garrigou
Garrigou Posts: 145
edited November 2010 in Tour & expedition
Any recommendations for a hotel (about 2-star) in/close to Bourg d'Oisans? Most of those on TripAdvisor get rubbishy reviews, so I'd rather have a riders perspective. Cheers.
Between me & Eddy Merckx we've won pretty much everything worth winning on a bike.

Comments

• Lazarus
    Lazarus Posts: 1,426
    Hmm didn't stay in a hotel when we went this year to Bourg , we rented a house so sorry on that count .

I do know that the Hotel Milan serves a wicked glass of Stella if that helps !
    A punctured bicycle
    On a hillside desolate
    Will nature make a man of me yet ?
  • Like Lazarus, we rented a house as well, at the foot of the Alpe.

It was very modern and clean, and had a garage for the bikes.

Here's the link -http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/p82317 :D

Will stay there again,next time we do the ADH area.
    "There are no hills, there is no wind, I feel no pain !"

"A bad day on the bike is always better than a good day in the office !"
  • Lazarus
    Lazarus Posts: 1,426
    lol same website and the house we stayed in is there.

http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/France ... photos-bar

It says sleeps 10 but there were 8 of us and that was about right.

Our house was behind the Hotel Milan hence we drank in there everyday after a ride , and to be honest staff were very friendly but alas as for the rooms i don't have a clue.
    A punctured bicycle
    On a hillside desolate
    Will nature make a man of me yet ?
  • Garrigou
    Thanks Gents - probably just be a 1-2 night stay, so the house rentals may prove pricey, but worth a look.
    Between me & Eddy Merckx we've won pretty much everything worth winning on a bike.
  • brucey72
    brucey72 Posts: 1,086
    I have stayed in hotel le Terminus for the last two years whilst doing the Marmotte. It is basic but cheap and cheerful. Our room has had a balcony the last two years which given the good weather was fantastic to chill out on after some amazing rides. I would also recommend that you go half board as the evening 3 coarse meal is fantastic..........the owner was/is a chef. It is situated opposite the bus station about 3-5 minutes walk from the town centre which is ideal. The foot of ADH is about a mile.

My mate stayed in hotel Oberland which was next door to our hotel. It is more expensive but it is a much larger hotel rather than the family run next door, but you have a larger room and a better breakfast from what we saw.

The email address for Le Terminus is as follows:

menant38@orange.fr

I would advise you to put any correspondence through google translate as his english is not great.

Hope this helps
  • Garrigou
    Top man, Brucey 72. Thanks for the tips.
  • mrjinx
    mrjinx Posts: 38
    Only place to go is to Guy and Helens at King of the mountains.co.uk lots of cake pasta good company big climb up to house though! But very much recommended
    its only money
  • craigenty
    craigenty Posts: 960
    mrjinx wrote:
    Only place to go is to Guy and Helens at King of the mountains.co.uk lots of cake pasta good company big climb up to house though! But very much recommended

Ditto - but if Guy and Helyn can't fit you in go to the Milan - it's not pretty but the water is hot and the beds are clean, there's good bike storage and the brecky is massive.
  • Bourg is such a great cycling town with access to some fab rides
    We have Gites in Bourg d'Oisans area while TDF is there in 2011 ... offering gites to groups, with tips on watching tdf, great routes and some guided rides options too
    see http://horscategorietours.blogspot.com for more