hello from the west of scotland

HARLEY1970
HARLEY1970 Posts: 4
edited October 2010 in MTB beginners
hi there i am alza from the west of scotland..i have have had my gt aggressor xc2 for about 2 years now!! its quite heavy at 14kg,,i dont no if i should upgrade the bike to better parts or just go for a better bike..as i am looking for a lighter bike..here is a pic atb Alza
mybike.jpg

Comments

• LoUiS1985
    LoUiS1985 Posts: 841
    Hello there, welcome to the forum, wished i lived in the west of Scotland, you lucky bugger!!

What type of riding do you do and how often?? and what's your budget?
  • hi lads thanx for the welcome....

@loUiS1985 hi i am just new to mountain biking i do trail & road..i am just back from fort william..had a go on some of the tracks up there like the witches trail excellent place for
    cycling..and going back up to cycle round some of the lochs this week..my budget has dropped for a bike..so its about 800...atb harley
  • Philz0r
    Philz0r Posts: 56
    u looking for a hard tail or full suss?
    t00t
  • Philz0r
    do you know where port Avadi is by any chance?
    t00t
  • Hello from the East of Scotland :D
    Ignosce mihi, cacare necesse est!
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Fellow West of Scotland here.
    I know Portavadie.... Not far from Tighnabruich... lovely part of the country.

Can't really recommend a bike, but think it is better to get a new bike than upgrade bits and pieces....
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Philz0r
    did u visit the ghost town there wallace? its crazy awesome!. and that port itself is awesome even tho i wasn't rich enough to bend in with the locals, we flirted with the barmaids :D

i mention the port because its an awesome ride trek too :D
    t00t
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Philz0r wrote:
    did u visit the ghost town there wallace? its crazy awesome!. and that port itself is awesome even tho i wasn't rich enough to bend in with the locals, we flirted with the barmaids :D

i mention the port because its an awesome ride trek too :D

Past it a few years ago, but not ridden round there. Think the village was for Oil Fabrication workers, but never took off. Need to get back there. Might get the road bike out and get round that way.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Philz0r
    they built the accomidation for a work force to build ships at the marina. but aparently there was an untold military truth behind it. anyways. they built an accomidation for a workforce that ever arrived xD
    t00t