London Olympic Cycle Ticket Prices

OldSkoolKona
OldSkoolKona Posts: 655
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
..have been announced, and looks pretty pricey. Up to £325 to go and see the track cycling.. :shock:

Still, cheap compared to the athletics at up to £725 and the Opening Ceremony at up to £2012 (see what they did there, eh :wink: )

http://media.ticketmaster.com/og/en-gb/ ... tprice.pdf

Comments

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Despite the lack of 'atmosphere' in my home during that time, I'll stick with watching it on the telly. At least the very young and the over 60s get reduced prices so that's encouraging - unfortunately not for the finals in many of the events. Pity.
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    Mountain biking (about 10 miles from my home) seems reasonable.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Road race free I hope?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • It says up to £60 for the road race. Presumably this is for a seat in a stand near the finish or something? Surely they can't control access to the entire route?

Sailing is £55!! You can stand on Weymouth seafront and see little dots in the distance for nothing, so unless £55 is actually on a boat where the race is happening, I can't see them selling many of them.

The supporting email says 90% of tickets under £100. 2/3 of tickets under £50 yet then reverts to numbers saying 2.5 million tickets at £20 or under. Not sure if that includes the kids and seniors ones though as the availability of concessions has not been released yet.