My BMC - SLR01

_Forza_
_Forza_ Posts: 3
edited November 2010 in Your road bikes
slr01_small.jpg

'10 BMC Team Machine SLR01 53cm

13.4 pounds ( I always get asked, so I'll just throw that out there)

Full Red Build
Easton EC90SL Wheels
Easton EC90 Cockpit
Fizik Arione Carbon CX Saddle
Look Keo2 Max Carbon Pedals
Arundel Mandible Matte Carbon Cages
Garmin 705 (Soon to be an Edge 800)

This was a pic after it's maiden voyage in mid/late August. Has about 2000 miles on it now. [/img][/code]

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Nice!

i really do think BMC bikes look corking at all levels! i would be tempted but have well and truly popped 2010's budget ;P
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Sweet looking bike 8)
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    6.08kg? Wow!

Tis a lovely bike.
    More problems but still living....
  • Anonymous
    Good solid build on there, no fancy weight weenie parts yet still very light. Nice one!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,721
    BMCs are very nice, as long as you're not short - which you're not so it's all good.
  • swap you my cube? :lol:
  • Zachariah
    Zachariah Posts: 782
    Very, very nice. The top-end BMCs are on my list of lottery-win bikes.
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Very pro, I like this a lot 8)
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • Zachariah
    Zachariah Posts: 782
    Is it a feature of the smaller frames that the pedal almost grazes the ground at its lowest point, or is that due to the angle of the picture?
  • Waynenio
    Waynenio Posts: 231
    Awsome Bike mate!

Top Top Top! I gotta get me one of these soon! See what the sales bring at xmas me thinks

Scott Scale Comp 29er - Training Machine
    Giant XTC 29er - Race Machine
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    _Forza_ wrote:
    Easton EC90 Cockpit

*Sigh*

Cycling magazines have got a lot to answer for. A bike does not have a 'Cockpit'. A plane has one, a helicopter has one, but a bike does not.

Exasperation aside, you have a beautiful, beautiful bike. I do like the way the wheel logos match the bike logo, in terms of being a white outline against a black background.

Very nice :)
  • _Forza_ wrote:
    Easton EC90 Cockpit

*Sigh*

Cycling magazines have got a lot to answer for. A bike does not have a 'Cockpit'. A plane has one, a helicopter has one, but a bike does not.

Exasperation aside, you have a beautiful, beautiful bike. I do like the way the wheel logos match the bike logo, in terms of being a white outline against a black background.

Very nice :)

Really??? I used to ride professionally, we always referred to it as the cockpit.

Quick web search...I found an actual definition at garyfisher.com

Cockpit length - The horizontal measure from the center of the handlebar to the center of the seatpost. This is where you spend your time. (The next two measurements show how it can be adjusted.)

Not being confrontational...just a term that I have always used for 15 years.
  • TMR
    _Forza_ wrote:
    Really??? I used to ride professionally, we always referred to it as the cockpit.

Quick web search...I found an actual definition at garyfisher.com

Cockpit length - The horizontal measure from the center of the handlebar to the center of the seatpost. This is where you spend your time. (The next two measurements show how it can be adjusted.)

Not being confrontational...just a term that I have always used for 15 years.

I don't think you're being confrontational at all. It's a term I've read applied to cycles only on this forum, and it makes no sense to me! Oh well, 'Cockpit' it is! ;)
  • Anonymous
    I thought a cockpit was a euphemism for a lady of loose morals.
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I thought a cockpit was a euphemism for a lady of loose morals.

:D
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644

If we're being pedantic today, a plane doesn't have a cockpit either, it has a blade.

An aeroplane, or airplane as our colonial cousins like to refer to them as does, indeed, have a cockpit. As does a F1 car, as does a Hovercraft.

(edit)
    back on topic..nice bike!
  • TMR
    schweiz wrote:
    If we're being pedantic today, a plane doesn't have a cockpit either, it has a blade.

An aeroplane, or airplane as our colonial cousins like to refer to them as does, indeed, have a cockpit. As does a F1 car, as does a Hovercraft.

(edit)

I wasn't being pedantic. You, however, are :roll:
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    schweiz wrote:

(edit)

I wasn't being pedantic. You, however, are :roll:

no need for the :roll:

You don't need to tell me, I admitted I was being pedantic!
  • Doombrain
    Doombrain Posts: 360
    do want
    LOL road riding.
  • 52Teeth
    52Teeth Posts: 67
    It always goes the same way and it makes me laugh every time.
    Chap posts a picture of a truly beautiful bicycle.
    Another chap makes a pointless comment regarding a term of use, spelling or grammar.
    First chap gets a bit p*$$*d about the pointlessness of the comment.
    A third bloke comes along and makes a sex joke to try and calm the situation.
    Everybody gets a bit upset and falls out by the end of page one.

Lovely bicycle, properly jealous. :D
  • hairyleg
    hairyleg Posts: 134
    What a nice bike mate...Good riding :D
    This is not a race!!!!But I'm winning
    Canyon cf
    Cannondale caadx 9
  • totally agree with 52teeth, F U F to read tho, and YES that is a stunning bike... :D
  • nice bike you must be a pro
    going downhill slowly
  • billysan
    billysan Posts: 575
    This looks superb. I love the inverted graphics on the new easton wheels, and they suit the bike perfectly.

Well done
  • what a beautiful bike!

so if it's was a ladies bike would it have a fannypit :shock:
  • Soni
    Soni Posts: 1,217
    Cracking looking bike mate and lovely wheels, thought they would improve the look of my bike, until i just googled them and realised they cost more than i paid for my bike! :D

Will stick with my Mavic Aksiums and Bonties.... :oops: