wilier cento world champ

rude-dog
rude-dog Posts: 67
edited November 2010 in Your road bikes
i wish i could say this was mine i really do, but this is my cousins newly built steed

as always with wilier it took forever for the frame to turn up, then he ran out of build money so although its a 2010 frame (thanks to Scrumple! i thought it was 09), its really only just been finished

anyway... he's rubbish on computers, and wouldn't have a clue how to upload a pic and i thought you guys would like to see it

Medium Cento in world champ colours
Cinelli Ram Bianca stem and bars
Super record throughout
zeros robbed off his old bike as the all red looked great with the frame
look keo blade carbon
selle italia SLR

uno6d.jpg

uno4j.jpg

Comments

• Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    looks like someone else other than me has the Wilier Track top too

It isn't a 2009 frame, as the chainstay cable exits the top.... this is 2010 onward.
  • you gotta have the wilier track top ! he got his free with the frame

when i bought my cento i never got one !!!!!!! we look like a right pair cycling down the road together both wearing them ! :D

i never realised it was a 2010 frame, thanks for that. i though it was 2009
  • Scrumple
    they aren't for wearing on the bike!

Amazing frames - you are both lucky. Where;s the pic of yours?!
  • thank you

my problem is now, mines not built to a spec anywhere near his one, so he's really raised the bar when it comes to goodies hanging off the bike ! and although i can leave him for dust, its really getting to me, so im saving hard for some upgrades to raise the spec of mine to compete in the 'who's got the tastiest bike' competition
  • leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    Those jackets are common as muck! They must be giving them away....nice bike
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • Very nice :D
  • absolutely stunning!
    best looking bike i.ve ever seen
  • Where did you get this frame? I've been after it for a while but haven't come across one
  • de ver cycles in stretham ordered it in for him

it took forever for wilier to delivery, nearly a year and i think it was a limited run of only a handful of orders so you may struggle. worth a call to a dealer though
  • Bill-87
    Bill-87 Posts: 155
    Love it, especially love the shape of the frame.
  • Scrumple
    was a world champ colour scheme when Allesandro Ballan won in 2008.

You can buy the frame - it is just a cento uno - but the paint job is limited.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    The forks need to be white like the rest of the frame, the gold doesn't go for me.
  • they look a lot nicer in the flesh. i wasn't sure on the gold at first, but i now think it really makes it
  • Scrumple
    I think pictures rarely do a bike justice.

People stop and stare at great bikes, in the flesh. Photo's tend to flatten the colour and kill the curves.

I bet it looks stunning.