ad213812
ad213812 Posts: 59
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
Hello everyone,
Completely new to the forum so I thought that I should introduce myself. :D I started commuter cycling about two months ago, before this I hardly every cycled, but I have to say that I love it now. I cycle about seven and a half miles each way five days a week, which at my level of fitness is plenty :shock:

Anyway as well as being a commuter cyclist I am also an eCommunications student and was hoping that you wouldn't mind if I used these forums to conduct a little research in what makes a successful virtual community. Everybody here seems genuine and friendly and from what I've read there seems to be a genuine sense of community going on.

The research does not in any way involve using the data that I collect for anything other than a college research paper that will be seen only by my tutor and myself. The nature of the data that I am interested in gathering identifying the characteristics of the communications that occur within the forum community.

I may also, if you don't run me out of town, like to interview a couple of you maybe post a survey which users could complete online regarding varying aspects of their involvement with virtual communities. This would not require any personal information and the data would not be used for any other purpose than to generate information for research paper that I am writing.

Let me know your thoughts (good or bad)
Ann

Comments

• kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Welcome! I believe a fair number of people here will be happy to fill in an online survey for a fellow cyclist

...maybe under the condition that you don't immediately disappear from the forum once your work is complete! :wink:
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    kelsen wrote:
    Welcome! I believe a fair number of people here will be happy to fill in an online survey for a fellow cyclist

...maybe under the condition that you don't immediately disappear from the forum once your work is complete! :wink:

And buy a round at the Morpeth, natch.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • And buy a round at the Morpeth, natch.
    Done.... It might take me a while to get there though. My MPH is shocking :shock:
    ..maybe under the condition that you don't immediately disappear from the forum once your work is complete!
    No chance of that, I need all the advice that I can get.