edited October 2010 in MTB general
(from the news here on BR)

1286968266062-n2jrunxj5qq2-670-75.jpg

Why?

Comments

• t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    cos the Ti version was expensive?

They're supposed to be really good frames although I have never ridden one myself
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Well......some people are idiots?
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • As it is a singlespeed, it is only designed to be ridden by perverts in gimp masks, so what it looks like doesn't matter.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I saw a chap the other day on a rigid purple surly singlespeed. He should have been wearing a gimp mask - the look on his face was that of a man being rodgered senseless by a dominatrix with an enormous strap on.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    I keep looking at those bars and thinking "those would work on the TT bike, with some nice extensions..."
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    As it is a singlespeed

Singlespeed or geared. I really like the design but the price is still silly.
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    Why not?

Some people like something a bit different that suits their type of riding. Just let them get on with it.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I saw a chap the other day on a rigid purple surly singlespeed. He should have been wearing a gimp mask - the look on his face was that of a man being rodgered senseless by a dominatrix with an enormous strap on.

Really Happy?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Theres a ti version goin for sale for 5 and a half grand in the classifieds and I think he's a bit dumb. Especially when a new one goes for almost half the price.

Why people would spend that kind of money on one I have no clue.
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    cooldad wrote:

Really Happy?
    :lol:
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Theres a ti version goin for sale for 5 and a half grand in the classifieds and I think he's a bit dumb. Especially when a new one goes for almost half the price.
    A new steel one yes.
    The ti frames alone are around £3K.A mate emailed JJ with a spec list to have one built and it came in at just under£8k :shock:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Why?
    Because a fool and his money are soon parted.
  • Anonymous
    ibbo68 wrote:
    Theres a ti version goin for sale for 5 and a half grand in the classifieds and I think he's a bit dumb. Especially when a new one goes for almost half the price.
    A new steel one yes.
    The ti frames alone are around £3K.A mate emailed JJ with a spec list to have one built and it came in at just under£8k :shock:

how does the 3 grand bike end up costing 8 grand? he must be charging quite some premium for those cable discs.
  • Anonymous
    Maybe the brake cables are spun from the pubis of a virgin chav. The rarity adds considerable cost.
  • Anonymous
    plus the ability to say things like "i was on the phone to old jeffy the other day, he is just like what branty wants to be, i want them to like me so much"

and so on and so forth.
  • When you can get a very funky looking electra cruiser for 1/6 of that price, it really does make me wonder if some people really have lost the plot, but there are those kind of people that ride hideously expensive, overrated and ugly bikes around.......orange 5 springs to mind :lol:
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910

how does the 3 grand bike end up costing 8 grand? he must be charging quite some premium for those cable discs.
    It was £7700 or summat he blamed it on the exchange rates at the time :roll:
    Personally he's have to pay me £8K to stand next to one of the ugly fookers :D
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    ...and the fork has clearance for 29x2.55 and 26x3.7in tyres.

Wait

rotfl3.gif

pbpic3050736.jpg
  • Anonymous
    ibbo68 wrote:

It was £7700 or summat he blamed it on the exchange rates at the time :roll:
    Personally he's have to pay me £8K to stand next to one of the ugly fookers :D

i quite like the idea of the ti version, i just think the bloke is a robbing beggar. the bike cant have more than 1000 quids worth of stuff fitted to them yet he maxes the price up to astronimical levels and i dont see where the money goes.

3 grand for a hand welded bespoke frame is pricey but i can see the idea, i cant see where the rest of the money goes.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    It's only money - if you want something exclusive, you have to pay for it.
    How about a $30 million bikini
    meb.jpg

(I know it doesn't add to the discussion, but much better to look at than the bike.)
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Anonymous
    I reckon I'd look better in the contents of the bikini, than in the bikini itself.
  • I reckon I'd feel less self concious wearing the bikini than riding the bike.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • andyrm
    andyrm Posts: 550
    I reckon I'd feel less self concious wearing the bikini than riding the bike.

This.

Can't help thinking these and other bikes of their ilk are designed pretty much exclusively for the biking equivalent of Shoreditch Tw*ts and Hackney Hipsters, basically fools who are desperate to be "cool" and "way out".

Whether it's skinny jeans rolled up too short with white socks and deck shoes or one of these bikes, I always think it screams desperation.
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    cooldad wrote:
    How about a $30 million bikini

Well that's no good for winter, is it? She'll still have to go to TKMax and get a puffer jacket. Hope she kept the receipt.
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    ibbo68 wrote:

i quite like the idea of the ti version, i just think the bloke is a robbing beggar. the bike cant have more than 1000 quids worth of stuff fitted to them yet he maxes the price up to astronimical levels and i dont see where the money goes.

I like the idea of them as well, wouldn't mind a go but not at the price. I guess supply and demand is the reason, he makes them at home and has a big waiting list, thus put the price up until the list evens out, guess he's found his price.
    The bloke can ride though , found this on utube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afWaNHbV ... =1&index=9
    Don't think, BE:
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    wobbem wrote:
    The bloke can ride though , found this on utube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afWaNHbV ... =1&index=9

Tallented bugger. I'm going to grow my beard to see if I can be skillfull too...
  • Ryan Jones wrote:
    When you can get a very funky looking electra cruiser for 1/6 of that price, it really does make me wonder if some people really have lost the plot, but there are those kind of people that ride hideously expensive, overrated and ugly bikes around.......orange 5 springs to mind :lol:

Quite tempted to get one of these Switchblades for 700 quid some day in the future. 8)

http://www.ridelow.co.uk/nirve-switchbl ... -1908.html

55_091213160841.jpg
  • I reckon I'd look better in the contents of the bikini, than in the bikini itself.

I can only agree with that :D
  • IDave
    IDave Posts: 223
    andyrm wrote:
    I reckon I'd feel less self concious wearing the bikini than riding the bike.

This.

Can't help thinking these and other bikes of their ilk are designed pretty much exclusively for the biking equivalent of Shoreditch Tw*ts and Hackney Hipsters, basically fools who are desperate to be "cool" and "way out".

Whether it's skinny jeans rolled up too short with white socks and deck shoes or one of these bikes, I always think it screams desperation.

Nathan Barley would definitely own a couple of these at least! :lol:
  • gtd.
    gtd. Posts: 626
    How do you change/service the headset bearings? :?

One of the first things that came to mind when I saw the fork setup :lol:
    Mountain: Orange Patriot FR, SubZero & Evo2LE.
    Road: Tifosi Race Custom.
    Do it all bike: Surly Disc Trucker 700c/29er