Baffo Ride - a charity event for the Brain and Spine Foundat

metareal
metareal Posts: 7
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
Dear all,

I suffered a serious injury to my spine following a motocross accident almost 4 years ago.
Thanks to surgery and a long period of rehabilitation, I managed to get back to all the things I love.

...Ever since, I have always wanted to do something to help people that find themselves in similar situations and the doctors that help them/us.

Recently I became aware of a great foundation called the Brain and Spine Foundation that helps people with bran and spine problems and also offers training and resources for doctors.
To help this foundation I have organized a motorbike ride to climb one of the many beautiful mountains we have in Italy: Mount Cetona, in the province of Siena.
I will take my perfectly "mended" back to the top of the mountain along with some supporting friends in aid of the brain and spine foundation and another italian foundation called "La Colonna".

I would really appreciate it if you could support the initiative by making even the smallest donation to the Brain and Sine foundation using this page:

http://www.justgiving.com/bafforide

Feel free to forward the link above to anybody you think would like to donate.

I have called the event Baffo ride from the italian word baffo = mustache, since I will be riding my motorbike in "Movember" sporting an unusual mustache!
I will send out some pictures and a video of the event at the end of November.

Thank you all very much. :wink:
Edoardo.