My new EPS

Evil Laugh
Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
edited October 2010 in Your road bikes
fd68970f.jpg

Build's coming along nicely although still in the iPhone photo editor stage.

Planning to swap out that campag tat for a bit of 7900 and some rsys wheels.

Ive realised that putting a vinyl transfer apostrophe between the p and s would be a cheap way of getting my name on the top tube and so rendering the bike undesirable to thieves as my initials are E P.

Someone punch me in the face and tell me to get a life, scrap that I just did it myself.

I do want it though, have contacted Argos cycles re paint alteration of a pr99. Fingers Xed

If anyone can recommend any other painters capable of such a feat of masking and respraying, preferably in London, that would be awesome.

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Evil Laugh wrote:

Somewhere there's a pile of firewood and a stake with your name on it. All it needs is a match... :lol:

The original PR99 is the pick of the colours IMO. Why mess with perfection? Just use some nail polish to do the punctuation...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    You won't regret getting an EPS !
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    agree on the campag tat....

needs RED
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    Evil Laugh wrote:

Somewhere there's a pile of firewood and a stake with your name on it. All it needs is a match... :lol:

The original PR99 is the pick of the colours IMO. Why mess with perfection? Just use some nail polish to do the punctuation...

I did try sr11 and although the hoods were lovely, it wasn't for me. I'm only trying to pull some purist leg. :P

Wrt the colour, I just can't separate myself from my prbk fantasy. I keep thinking about the contrast between the gloss black and the clearcoated carbon. Then about how cool it would look with some green open paves. Then about the white hub on the r-sys sls sat at the end of the forks and maybe finding a nos world champ arione to top it all off. It's too far gone now in my head.

I pulled a similar fantasy into reality with the last bike I built and it was great fun watching it turn from thought to reality. I loved the process of planning and building it despite the worrying levels of obsession involved. I ended up with a bike I love more every ride or just when I catch a glimpse of it in the hall and, though this may seem overly romantic, imagine keeping for my kids.

I'd like to do another like that. Ideally I'd do it with a c59 frame but that is a pipe dream where the paint is concerned, the eps is doable I think and an amazing frame. Whereas my last build was almost wholly based on looks, on this one I also know exactly what bike I'm getting at the end, how it will feel and ride.

I think it was you that started me off with my last one. Do you have an old white steel bike built up with modern bits?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    I do! This one:

4248746937_7fa5e40128.jpg

Or at least I did... a little while back, I loaned it to an old friend. I'd been trying to get him to come riding for ages, as he'd quit years ago. He always declined, "no time, no bike, too unfit".. Well, when he saw this one finished, he was rather taken with it, looked a lot like his old race bike from the glory days.. :lol: Took it for a spin, and now......

He won't give it back.

He has discovered he really does like riding all over again. Which is completely fine, because it is getting used like it should be!!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667

4248746937_7fa5e40128.jpg

That is f{_}cking mint.jpg