evening ride in the Leeds area

neilbarker1
neilbarker1 Posts: 2
edited October 2010 in MTB rides
Hi I am new to mountain biking this year and my friend is a little bit unreliable I am looking for any body going out riding mid week in the Leeds area. I am not really in to down hill but love blasts through woods, or anything fun. I live in New Farnley but will travel anywhere local.

I am new to all this forum stuff this is the first time i have ever posted anything.

Cheers

Neil

Comments

• Boy Lard
    Boy Lard Posts: 445
    Do you have a car? I live over towards Shipley in Bradford and go out most nights. Getting dark early these days though so it's either a very early ride or a proper night ride.
  • Hi Neil,

I live in Leeds near Headingley so not far from you. Happy to hook up one night but expect me to be too good with the routes. I can get to Eccup res and back to Meanwood Valley woods easily enough tho. Just need to sort out my lights!
  • Hi Neil,
    You could find some pll on Bike Magic North Leeds they go out every Tues an Thurs night, an have differant start points within the Leeds area.
  • Eddy_B
    Eddy_B Posts: 122
    Neil
    i am going out with the North Leeds lot from the Bikemagic forum tomorrow night at 7:30 from the Barge pub in rodley.
    It will be a good route using a lot of the woodland around Calverley, Esholt, Thackley, etc.

Pint afterwards
  • Boy Lard
    When you said North Leeds I wasn't sure where you'd be riding, but that's basically my local haunts, I live in Thackley. Spring Woods down in Esholt is awesome, and I really like some of the stuff in Calverley Woods, not sure how confident I'd be doing some of it in the dark though, (with lights obviously).
  • Eddy_B
    Eddy_B Posts: 122
    Well we are going from the Barge in rodley at 7:30 tonight, so it would be good if you could make it. maybe you know some routes we havent done before and we may show you some new stuff.
  • Boy Lard
    I'll see if I can get out. Was supposed to meeting a mate and doing some local runs anyway, but not heard from him.