Anyone bought from www.trailheadbikes.com?

3 RAV
3 RAV Posts: 15
edited November 2010 in Commuting general
Looks like a scammer to me, i.e. homemade website, will only accept Bank Transfer/MoneyGram over $1000, residential location when address is entered into Google Maps, etc., but I thought I'd ask anyway.

The main reason I'm looking at their site is that I'm after a 2009 Specialized Sirrus Pro and they seem to be the only place that sell one.

Comments

• waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    Not necessarily a scammer but there's no way in hell I'd risk that much cash mail ordering a bike from the states.

Leisure Wheels look like they might have one in stock?
    Rules are for fools.
  • 3 RAV
    Unfortunately, the Leisure Wheels site is quite out of date as I called them last week to place my order and they only have the 2011 model.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    smells very bad.

very similar to other scam sites.

cant even see an address.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    also not this from Treks webby.
    Why can't I buy a Trek bike over the internet?

Trek Bicycle Corporation does not authorize our retailers to sell new or used Trek product over the Internet or by mail order. Delivery should only be made to you at an authorized Trek retail location. This is for your safety. We want to make sure that your bicycle is properly assembled, properly adjusted, and is the right size for you. We also want to make sure that you receive your owner's manual and consumer literature. Your Dealer will also explain how to properly use your bike and answer any questions or concerns you might have

and from Spesh
    Specialized retailers are the best bicycle retailers in the world. Specialized Retailers can properly fit, and help you select any one of our patented Body Geometry products to improve your cycling experience. Furthermore, your Specialized retailer is the only place you can purchase Specialized bicycles with a warranty. Visit your local Specialized retailer today to see why we've partnered with them. Specialized dealers are the best place to see and purchase Specialized products. Use the search fields above to see which dealers feature the products and services that meet your needs.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • 3 RAV
    Indeed, no email address and nothing else on the web about them . . . and they've supposedly been trading since 2004. :roll:

Thanks for confirming, gents.
  • Hi,

Has anyone bought from this site successfully before?
    looks professional but there's not a lot of info out there about them.

Cheers
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Scam site, used to be mabikes.com it seems
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500