Carrera Vengeance Ultimate

brian91
brian91 Posts: 7
edited October 2010 in MTB beginners
I have been looking at the Carrera Vengeance ultimate from halfords and wanted to know what you guys though of it as a first bike.It's £399 at the moment but i have heard that they are cheaper in the sale has anyone bough it for cheaper?

I wanted to know whether to have it built in store or build it myself as i have heard that halfords are crap.How easy are they to assemble or should i leave it to them and check it over my self after.

Comments

• Theres a thread in the buying guide on this, the general view is they are a bargain for the money and you can an extra 10% off the £399 by buying on-line at the moment

I have bought one, have ridden it twice, liked it then took it back cos the fork was buggered, the lock out did not work properly, currently waiting for it to get sorted, this is not really anyfault of halfords though.

My halfords build seemed fine apart from the gears not being ndexed very well
  • This is probably the thread mention in the above post.

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16523714

I could be wrong :D but at 400 notes, this could win best budget buy of the month award or summat. :wink:
  • did'nt see the thread above but seems like a good bike for the price i just need some cash now thanx guys
  • brian91 wrote:
    did'nt see the thread above but seems like a good bike for the price i just need some cash now thanx guys

My own humble advice would be to go test it but also test the Carerra Fury (which is an award winner) as well for a good comparison.