Lost! Wedding ring during Afan Monster Sept 25th

timpop
timpop Posts: 394
edited October 2010 in MTB general
Yup, it was in my pocket and dissapeared through a little hole. Lost it fairly early on after a slip that caught my shorts (creating said hole). I've had a look but can not find it. Anyone out there get lucky?

Tim
Many happy trails!

Comments

• Hope you do find it, but it's a long shot. How come you weren't wearing it, I always ride with it under my gloves.
  • Boy Lard
    Boy Lard Posts: 445
    I'd never wear my wedding ring when riding, I imagine it would irritate me at best and hurt at worst. Also, what if you meet some hot chick in lycra and need to take off your glove to offer a helping hand? :wink:

I do hope you find it though, my wife would kill me.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    I lost mine at Ladybower last year after a couple of near misses.I got one a size too big as I don't like rings and I must've pulled it off when removing a glove :roll: I went back 30 mins later to where I'd parked but it was a gravel parking area so no joy.
    The missus got me a new one,correct size and I never take it off now.
  • bbug
    bbug Posts: 83
    I know it's not in the same league as a wedding ring, but I lost a rubber cover from my shoe (that covers where a cleat might be fitted) at Llandegla. Months later, there it was , lying on the side of the trail. Your ring might turn up in the same way. You'll be looking for it every time you go there anyway.

You could try putting a notice up asking if anyone had found it.

Or, for a real long shot, you could try my mothers' remedy for lost items, and say a prayer to St Anthony, the saint for people who've lost things. Don't laugh, sometimes it works :wink: A couple of months back I'd got a bee sting on my ring finger, so took my wedding ring off to stop it getting stuck when my finger swelled up. Just like you, I lost it through a hole in my pocket. I had a fairly good idea where it should be but couldn't find it, so I bought a cheap metal detector and searched with that to no good effect. My sister joked that I should try St Anthony, so i jokingly did. Within 30 seconds the metal detector beeped and there it was in some long grass that I'd already scanned. I got a bit emotional at that point bacause I've been wearing that ring for 38 years.

So there you go, St Anthony's your man.

Sorry, I can't help being a silly old fart
  • timpop
    timpop Posts: 394
    Thanks for the words of encouragement but I'm not overly confident I'll find it. I have the number of the local pc so will give her a call today, just in case it has been handed in.
    But I will look everytime I go. Was there on Sunday with a metal detector that broke as soon as we arrived. Typical!
    I took my ring off as it bugs me while riding. I usually put it my back-pack but it was already on my back so in the pocket it went. Bummer! I was more upset than my wife. Lucky.
    I don't think I'll bother St Anthony, I'm sure he's busy with other things.

Cheers all.
    Many happy trails!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    have you contacted the visitors centres? surely it's more likely to be handed in there than to the police?

hope you find it fella :D