i need a lift to innerleithen from edinburgh

awln
awln Posts: 7
edited October 2010 in MTB rides
Hi their. Can anyone help me? Iv just bought a marin quake, i live in edinburgh and i need a lift to innerleithen as theirs no public transport to get their. I will put in for petrol to get their and back.

Comments

• weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    I'd suggest a better thread title mate. I doubt many will open such a vague title thread.
  • awln
    thanks will do
  • Look
    Look Posts: 1
    There is a bus that's 1/2 hourly but I beleive they don't take bikes at the moment. There is some support in Peebles for First Bus buses in the area to take bikes and if it can be shown there is demand from the Edinburgh end of the 62 route then this would help the case. I don't know if its viable for you to to collapse bike into 2 wheels and the rest with handlebars twisted then put in a special bike bag or whether First Bus would accept such luggage. Good luck.
  • awln
    thanks. i'll give them a try.
  • Hi awln, I am in the exact situation as you, I stay in edinburgh and I've got a downhill bike, but no way of getting to either glentress or inners (with the bike that is). Are you going to uni or anything? Because there is a cycling society in edinburgh uni that organises trips to places like these.
  • awln
    Unfortunately i'm not a student so i don't have access to them groups. The only way i have got their in the past is to ride it, but that was on my hardtail. It might be a bit far to go their, back and have fun when i'm their in one day on a full suser. I'll keep trying this forum and hope i get a bit of luck.
  • awln
    I finely bit the built and did the ride from edinburgh to innerleithen on my quake as i was going nuts not being able to use it for what its meant for. It was good fun. It would be nice if i can get a lift their so my legs aren't so jellied before i start. But if their is any one who is in the same spot as me and find it difficult to get their on their dh bike, leave a massage if you want to take a ride their. It only took me about 3 1/2 hours to do it. It's not fast, i can do it faster on my hard tail. But at least you can get their. It's not a race, just an easy ride their cos remember you've got to come back to.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    If you get on MTB Borders and post in Double D's Downhill section you're more likely to get someone who's going down for uplifts/push ups, always a load of scabby vans at innerleithen that might have space for another.
    Uncompromising extremist