Bigfoot bikes

Alphabet
Alphabet Posts: 436
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
my new LBS.

They are rather lovely and sell all sorts of tempting things. Went there yesterday to pick up some more tubes and the owner called me a few hours later to ask if i'd seen anyone make off with a 4 grand Rocky Mountain from the window display (hadn't seen a thing). So if you're in the Bromley/Beckenham/Hayes area and see someone riding around on a blue FS Rocky Mountain with orange gear and brake cables - stick something in the spokes and nick it back. they had a 3 grand LaPierre nabbed a couple of days ago too.

Comments

• gaz545
    gaz545 Posts: 493
    They left a 4 grand bike in the window, not locked and the shop unsupervised?

Geofrey butler and De ver would go out of business in a matter of days if they did that!
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Seven grand of stock lost in a few days?!?

Didn't the theft of a £3k bike teach them a lesson? I'd bet your life that both thefts were done by the same people. Time to invest in some alarmed locks for their stock and/or make sure the shop is always supervised.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Alphabet
    Alphabet Posts: 436
    after the first theft, they invested in more cameras to cover the front of the shop. hadn't started recording yet though - duh. the shop has been there for yonks though and they're more riders than business folk. shitty thing to happen. still, when they nick the third one, they'll know who it was and i'll be there with them dealing out the d-lock of justice