Recommend Me A Bike Shop!

WisePranker
WisePranker Posts: 823
edited October 2010 in MTB general
I'm looking for a recommendation for a bike shop somewhere in the West London/Surrey area (I'm in Staines).
I'm looking for somewhere that's got a good selection of clothing etc and can also give a beginner some good advice. I know there's a couple of Evans and Cyclesurgery stores reasonably close to me but I'd prefer to try and use and independent shop.

Comments

• meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    I've been using Freeborn in Esher recently, and they've been pretty good. Not a massive shop though and probably better for drooling over big bouncers than clothing etc. The guys there are very helpful too.

At the other end, Cyclopedia in Surbiton have a much bigger selection of clothing / components on show and personally I've found them (usually) very good. One minor issue a while ago which they sorted swiftly but otherwise perfectly fine, friendly and competent.
  • lasty
    lasty Posts: 218
    "At the other end, Cyclopedia in Surbiton have a much bigger selection of clothing / components on show and personally I've found them (usually) very good. "

Cyclopedia - very helpful and competant .....

Avoid MOORES on the Teddinton / kingston road ....
    Arrogant , lazy , full of shit manager (still there ... ) who at first refused to even look at my 4 year old rockhopper but eventually was happy to charged me well over the odds when i was finding my feet in this maze a few years ago ...
    £25 for a mech hanger , fair enough ... + 35 to fit even though it was in for a service ??
    I bit the bullet and paid for a £300 service on a £200 rockhopper towpath / park / spare bike - The upside being i now do it all myself and will never darken the Moores emporium again ......