Ride 101 - Thame

mroli
mroli Posts: 3,622
Just to say that I had a great ride doing this one organised by the Just Racing team. Whilst it is a pretty pricey sportive and there is no electronic timing/the pit stops weren't "great", the route is clearly and well marked and it is a really good one with a bit of Chilterns, a bit of Aylesbury Vale and a bit of lumpy stuff round Brill to end.
Was pretty cloudy and misty to start but ended in lovely sunshine (so much nicer than last year!). Didn't seem to be that many riders (sadly), but I really enjoyed my day out (although I had no power in my legs for some reason). Hi to Jason - I'm glad you didn't stuff your lovely bike up on that roundabout and the other riders we saw and talked to.

Good day. Knackered on the sofa now and good tan! 5.19 for the 101miles....

Comments

• dhague
    dhague Posts: 3
    Seconded - a great day out. If you did 5:19, then I think we must have been in the same group all day? I was the guy in the black Shutt jersey.

This was one of my goal events for this year, and turned out perfectly for me - my finishing time was in the top 10, and I knocked 1h23 off last year's time! Very happy.

Cheers,
    Darren
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Ah - I was the guy in the white and blue "The George Oliver Foundation" kit, I can't remember if your kit was Shutt or not, but there were 4 of us - one in a white and black Kuota/Bombardier kit, one in a Cervelo kit - and was it you in the all black kit?

Sorry I wasn't very chatty - I was struggling a bit to be honest!

glad you enjoyed your day - I knocked an hour of my time from the previous year too - shows what a massive difference a good group working together and the weather not being horrendous makes!
  • dhague
    dhague Posts: 3
    Yes, I was in all-black with a rainbow band around the chest:
    http://sportivephoto.thirdlight.com/vie ... d=13790940

It was a fantastic group - I think we were all pushing each other hard. Fastest time last year was only 5:22, so we did really well.

Cheers,
    Darren
  • Hi guys - your group came past me just after the 20 mile point and I sat on your wheels for a couple of miles until the split - I was doing the shorter route. It was my first time on a road bike and I was desperately trying to pick up all the roadie etiquette which was quite amusing! Coming from mtb, it all seemed rather faffy! Unfortunately as soon as we split I ended up doing the next 50 miles on my own, but went round in 4.19 which I was pleased with for a first go. Was a good event and will certainly try to do it again next year.