ooooooh crap

NGale
NGale Posts: 1,866
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
It seems for the past few months I have been riding my bike in something of a dangrous condition :shock:

After work today I decided to cycle through Exeter and on the way stop off at the Bike Shed to ask them to help me tighten up the back breaks as I was finding that even with the break on I was still going just as fast as with it off.

Anyhoo, not only did the back break need quite a major adjustment, but so did the front one, the handlebars and the front forks need checking.

It seems things were a little loose and needed tightening and adjusting, in all a bit dangrous should things have decided to go tits up.

Anyway I have been recommended to book my bike in for a full service :roll:
Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Do it yourself, park blue book and learn how to, it's easy and it makes your more connected to your velo, plus it'll save you money, lots of money over the life of the bike.

do et!

oh and MTFU :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • You don't need a Park Blue Book. This will tell you all you need:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    The guys there are going to go through the servicing with me, show me what needs doing so I can do most of the upkeep myself :D
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • NGale wrote:
    It seems for the past few months I have been riding my bike in something of a dangrous condition :shock:

After work today I decided to cycle through Exeter and on the way stop off at the Bike Shed to ask them to help me tighten up the back breaks as I was finding that even with the break on I was still going just as fast as with it off.

Anyhoo, not only did the back break need quite a major adjustment, but so did the front one, the handlebars and the front forks need checking.

It seems things were a little loose and needed tightening and adjusting, in all a bit dangrous should things have decided to go tits up.

Anyway I have been recommended to book my bike in for a full service :roll:

:shock: that was lucky.. greetings from just down the road from the Bike Shed.. Those guys are quality. didn't notice there was another Exonian on here...
  • Hrun
    Hrun Posts: 116
    +1 for the Bike Shed. When I cycled to Exeter I stopped in to ask where they recommend I leave my bike safely for a couple of hours. And they took it into the shop and watched it for me whilst I went to my appointment.
    A biking runner :)