Hi all,

Anyone going to be taking part in this?? More detials on

http://www.trailbreak.co.uk/trail_rides ... ent_id=323

Ollie

Comments

• Just me?!.. How upsetting!!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't pay to ride unless it's a charity ride.
    We'll be out in Surrey Hills on Sunday, welcome to join in.
    A couple of guys are riding Saturday as well, but that sounds a bit more serious.

Londons Calling thread.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • torgey33
    torgey33 Posts: 179
    Hey Ollie, did you do that TrailBreak ride ?
    Whats That All About !

`06 Saracen Mantra
    `07 Scott Reflex 20
    `10 Specialized fsr xc pro
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Ah, that's what those orange/black signs were. Looks like they were out around PItch area at least.

If I didn't know the area and had no one to ride with, I'd probably have been interested in something like this, but there are enough people on here who ride Surrey Hills to have a great day out for free (or the cost of a sandwich and cheese straw at the Peaslake village shop).

Haven't ridden from Dunsfold though. That would be a fair climb. Did they ride around the airfield itself? :D
  • torgey33
    Hey deadkenny, when you ride surrey hills where do you set out from and are there any parking issues ??
    Oh and hows that toe you cracked at swinley doing ? did i read you got a pair of 5/10`s ?
    Whats That All About !

`06 Saracen Mantra
    `07 Scott Reflex 20
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Walking Bottom car park is a favourite place. Just a hundred meters or two up the road past the church from Peaslake village crossroads. Central for pitch, winterfold and holmbury hills. Then just over Holmbury for climb to Leith and beyond.

Car park can get busy at weekends, more so in the summer, though it's fairly big. Yesterday was crammed as there was an event on.

Alternate if you are doing mainly Leith is to park over by Coldharbour by the pub but limited parking there, and there's another spot on a crossroads nearby which is good for Redlands, but again limited parking.

Foot pretty much fixed. Just still painful if I stand on the toe or if it gets an impact. Luckily it wasn't broken, but felt pretty much like it was! Nurse at hospital said it would hurt like hell for a bit and probably be better in a couple of weeks, and pretty much spot on.

Got the Five Tens, and they help a lot with some good protection around the toe. It was those cheap trainers I think that resulted in it getting bust up. The Five Tens definitely are sticky on the pedals!
  • torgey33
    Tell me about it, i`ve got the low impact 2`s and they grip like shit to a blanky !!
    Cheers for the parking info.
    Whats That All About !

`06 Saracen Mantra
    `07 Scott Reflex 20
  • torgey33
    PS
    Thinking about going down there soon, it sounds pretty good. Got to sort out a roof rack first though, had the bike in the back of the car @ that swinley run and you should have seen the mess when i got home.......not good.
    I`ll tag something in the `London Calling` thread when i`m all set to go.
    Whats That All About !

`06 Saracen Mantra
    `07 Scott Reflex 20