Took the plunge!

col748
col748 Posts: 81
edited October 2010 in MTB general
Just ordered my new bike :D .

Its an orange five pro, I've wanted one for years now and my scott broke about six months ago and have been using a friends marin since who is away but its too small and keep going over the bars.

Anyway i've spec'd the five up a bit and emptied my bank account :shock: just have to wait now, didn't realise they took so long to come.

Dose anyone know the actual waiting time because different dealers told me different times?

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Who did you buy it off? I paid for my bike and took it home the very same day.
    In fact, this has been true of all my bikes.
    The ones my mates have ordered online have arrived within a day or two.
  • col748
    I have ordered it from Edge Cycleworks Chester.

Everywhere I went told me various waiting times from 10 days to 16 weeks!

I believe Orange bikes are made to order, especially when you specify the brakes, swing arm etc,colour of frame and colour of rims

Just wondered if anyone knows the time I'm likely to be waiting cos I can't to ride it.
  • Anonymous
    Made to order my backside.
    This waiting time must be what you pay the premium for.
  • Anonymous
    Made to order my backside.

i was once made to order a backside, very dissapointing as what i really wanted wqs egg and chips. true story.
  • col748
    How else do you get one in the spec, size, colour ordered? Orange arn't a massive company like other brands, of course they will have frames etc ready to go but they need to bolt on the bits I want then ship it out.

If I wanted a standard 20inch five pro then they had a silver one in the shop i could have had today.

But I want a 20inch in black with different add ons/rims.

Just would like to know if anyone else has ordered a bike from Orange to there spec or know of the waiting time...............its seems you don't know?

Thanks for your time and effort in replying though.
  • Anonymous
    Ah, I get you. I thought you were falling for that old "handbuilt to order" nonsense about the frames. Sorry.
  • Anonymous
    if they used robots instead of lazy humans those bikes would be out of the door quicker.
  • Ah, I get you. I thought you were falling for that old "handbuilt to order" nonsense about the frames. Sorry.

:lol: You're such a b@stard
  • col748
    Dirtydog11 wrote:

Thanks for the link that explains the different answer from store to store, maybe I should have took the one out of the shop :lol: .................happy to wait for what I want, just have to keep using my friends Marin good job he is away for a few months.