Dalby OS Mapped Route ?

newclearbomb
newclearbomb Posts: 87
edited October 2010 in MTB rides
Hi,
Just wondering if any one has the route plotted on to an OS map, Looking at doing the route and would like to know where the route runs and where the forest tracks are etc ?
:?

Comments

• altern_8
    altern_8 Posts: 1,562
    if you pop into the visitor centre or pruple mountain bike shop,you use to be able pick up a little folding pocket size map that has the routes on it...or there is this link to a map>>>>
    http://www.forestry.gov.uk/pdf/eng-dalb ... tb-map.pdf

sorry its not os mapped route,hope it helps out.
  • Dalby red route gpx file here;

http://www.justgoride.co.uk/Content/Rou ... spx?id=282

download gpx file - got to www.bikehike.co.uk and open the gpx file there and voila, route should be plotted over an OS map.

alternatively, there may be an option to view the gpx file directly on the justgoride website

hth.
  • Thanks Hoochylala !

It looks like most of my favourite rides are on there so i have logged on and perused the site, saved a couple of maps and will be using these in the future !

Thanks.
  • no worries! its a very useful resource and have posted in many times to those with similar queries to yours :)
  • altern_8
    altern_8 Posts: 1,562
    hoochylala wrote:

download gpx file - got to www.bikehike.co.uk and open the gpx file there and voila, route should be plotted over an OS map.

ive been having trouble with bikehike site,wont let me map my rides on it anymore now...so ive started using mapmyride instead,just wondering if you have any problems with bikehike?
  • Just so you know..

You can view routes in an OS map on www.justgoride.co.uk - look for the OS icon above the tabs on the route view page.

You can also plot routes on an OS map.. you need to be signed in but its free!

I'm trying to pull all of these features into the site. It seems a bit weird that you have to use a whole load of different sites to achieve what you want so I'm trying to get everything in the same place!

Give me a shout if you need any help or if you have any feedback about other features that might be useful!

:)