7 Spaniards under investigation for dopage

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited October 2010 in Pro race
Greeting fellow apologists!

It keeps giving

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/n ... YHeadlines
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    So if Contodour was fed dodgy meat by his wicked step-mum, are these fellas the seven dwarves?

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I like it, we have a guy who fails two tests for Clenbuterol, Contador, and yet he's not under investigation! You'd think the Spaniards would be rushing to get to the bottom of this as well?
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    Spain. Just ban it.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    makes you wonder why they have a press conference to say they are looking into 7 people but won't name them.

Wonder if this is just a smoke screen to please the UCI.

Wonder if they feel like investigated the non cyclists linked to Puerto or any of their other sports stars
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Is this like when the UCI they were investigating a bunch of cyclists for abnormal blood values - after half of them had already been banned? And then refused to name the rest...
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    "Javier Martin del Burgo, director of Spain's anti-doping agency"

Wow, there's an unfulfilling job for you. Did he get tired of his animal rights job?
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    phil s wrote:
    Spain. Just ban it.

I'm not sure I'd miss it, really.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    I gather it's clients of Dr Viru.

So it looks like FrenchFighter might need to be doing some sig editting if it comes to anything.
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    you wonder if all this is going to affect Movistars decision to plow millions into cycling with the creation of its 2 teams ?

after all the all new spanish team is meant to be led by Valverde once his ban finishes :roll: and Contador joining them in 2013 :roll:
  • phil s wrote:
    Spain. Just ban it.
    but not for holidays.
  • Kléber
    iainf72 wrote:
    I gather it's clients of Dr Viru.
    Ah, Grial raises its head again. I would not be surprised if Mosquera and Da Pena are the two out of the seven guys who are in hot water.

There are rumours about new, experimental blood substitutes circulating in Spain.
  • iainf72
    you wonder if all this is going to affect Movistars decision to plow millions into cycling with the creation of its 2 teams ?

after all the all new spanish team is meant to be led by Valverde once his ban finishes :roll: and Contador joining them in 2013 :roll:

No CdE or future Movistar riders involved, if you look at the likely lads.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Remind me again of who was linked to Dr Viru. Mainly ex Kelme correct?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Kléber
    ex Kelme - Communidad Valencia. Linked to Belda, ex-director who is a crony of Alvaro Pino. Mainly operates out of the Valencia area. Grial turned up several amateurs, not many big name pros.
  • It makes me a bit cyncial of the Team Sky recruitment policy so far.

I am not suggesting that any of their new boys for 2011 are up to something but it is a bit Spaniard heavy so far.

Hope it doesn't blow up for them as it has for Vacansoleil for example. Although I accept the riders they went for had a serious amount more "previous".
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    It makes me a bit cyncial of the Team Sky recruitment policy so far.

I am not suggesting that any of their new boys for 2011 are up to something but it is a bit Spaniard heavy so far.

Hope it doesn't blow up for them as it has for Vacansoleil for example. Although I accept the riders they went for had a serious amount more "previous".

They've only signed one Spaniard as far as I can see.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • my bad, the other one is Columbian isn't he?
  • victorponf
    victorponf Posts: 1,187
    The problem came from the fucking Operacion Puerto. Spanish gobern didn't investigate it properly because in that just 30% of sportmans wer ciclistas.
    If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    dulldave wrote:
    "Javier Martin del Burgo, director of Spain's anti-doping agency"

Wow, there's an unfulfilling job for you. Did he get tired of his animal rights job?

I'm picturing him just sat in his office all day, feet up on the desk, and bouncing a baseball off the wall, a la Steve McQueen...
    Le Blaireau (1)