Helmet soft bits inside

kinelljohn
kinelljohn Posts: 150
edited October 2010 in MTB general
The soft shell liner(s) of my Cratoni Maniac have lost a lot of their "soft".
Anyone know if it's possible to buy some general shaped padding - just to make it sit better and be more comfortable ?

Be nice to all cyclists - you may want to borrow a pump one day :-)

Comments

• CRC sell them
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 2,086
    How old is the lid?

If the padding is worn out, it might be getting towards the time for routine replacement.

Expanded poly is only really good for one decent impact or three years, whichever comes sooner.

Personally, I change my XC lids every 2, if they survive that long.
  • eighteen bikes, in hope got me some for my giro e2 when most shops said they couldn,t get any as it was too old, about £3.50 posted
  • Cheers.

Although 4-5yrs old, never been impacted. Used always with my road bike but now I have a new replacement lid for that discipline. Just started MTB for winter training so wondered if I could get a bit more life out of it.

I reckon a new one will have to be on the Chrissy list as I notice the metal bits which keep the webbing straps in their shape have begun to rust, probably with sweat. Just have to carry on using the bandana 'till then.

CRC do some spare paddings parts for helmets but from surfing around it seem the Maniac is a good helmet but let down by the fact replacement liners are not available.

Be nice to all cyclists - you may want to borrow a pump one day :-)