Shimergo

burdturglar
burdturglar Posts: 10
edited October 2010 in Road buying advice
Hi

I have a 8spd/triple shimano drive train with busted Sora STI's and would like to fit some Campagnolo shifters in a shimergo set up. I am planning to use some 2011 Veloce "powershift" ergos for £77. Does anyone know if these will be compatible? I am wondering whether these levers have the escape mechanism and if are they comparable to the earlier quickshift system (which I hear doesn't really work with shimano kit).

My other option is to buy some Microshift 8spd SB-R08 shimano compatible levers off ebay for £70 from Hong Kong. Is this a better solution to the Shimergo route?

Comments

• calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Hi

I have a 8spd/triple shimano drive train with busted Sora STI's and would like to fit some Campagnolo shifters in a shimergo set up. I am planning to use some 2011 Veloce "powershift" ergos for £77. Does anyone know if these will be compatible? I am wondering whether these levers have the escape mechanism and if are they comparable to the earlier quickshift system (which I hear doesn't really work with shimano kit).

My other option is to buy some Microshift 8spd SB-R08 shimano compatible levers off ebay for £70 from Hong Kong. Is this a better solution to the Shimano route?

I ran 2006(?) Centaur 10 speed for years very happily with 8 speed Shimano rear so if you can fin some older 10 speed Campag levers, they'll def work (and be better spec than more recent Campag 10 speed)

Strava is not Zen.