The frustration when you cant use the bike

Finlab6
Finlab6 Posts: 127
edited October 2010 in Commuting general
Monday - did my 5.5 mile commute. Both journeys, sun was low, little wind road and parkland riding. The am journey through the park was very enjoyable and purposely slowed a little to appreciate it.
Every other day this week though I've had to take the car (inc tomorrow) due to work commitments. Recently I've noticed that on days I cant take the bike I'm in a worse mood as I feel a bit cheated.
Anybody else feel like this?
MTB GT Avalanche 1.0
Road - Specialized Allez Sport

exercise.png

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    NO I NEVER FEEL FRUSTRATED WHEN I CAN'T RIDE DAMMIT, AAAArrrrgggghhhhhhhh

Did I mention I've not ridden to work for 3 weeks as I've been giving the daughters BF a lift to a training course he's on.....

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Chrissz
    Chrissz Posts: 727
    Regularly!

I also exaggerate it at home to the point where my wife is happy when I go out on a Sunday club ride as I come back chilled and relaxed!
  • yes, not on bike today. 2 coffees to wake me up and headache too (yeah I know) I'm feeling a bit Spen with people.

doubly bad as I've put my winter tyres on last night and wanted to give 'em a spin today
  • Been off my bike for about 1 month and during that time my CtW road bike arrived.

I am allowed on the road again in March 2011 - bloody DVT meds.

Currently champing at the bit for a loaned turbo trainer that someone is kindly providing in mid/late Nov (he's got it even worse as he can't even use the trainer while his metatarsel is fixed).

It's not noticeable that I'm frustrated and irritable. At all. Honestly!

Rich
  • If I order anything online it tends to get delivered to work, but some things are too heavy for my rucksack so I have to take the car but I still feel half asleep when I get to work after driving in.
  • I've just come to University.
    I haven't ridden a bike in almost 3 weeks.
    My rage level is building.
    Everywhere I look there are people on BSOs only adding to my rage counter.

Fortunatley, my bike is being delivered to me tommorow, as I have now found somewhere safe to keep my steed. All is good in the world.
  • Andrew N
    Andrew N Posts: 119
    Love the bike, love the bike to work!

Hate the tube, hate the tube ride to work!
    www.goinggoingbike.com
    I get irritable, paranoid and moody if I miss a day. Well, more so than normal. It is an addiction, there are probably papers describing the neurochemistry of it in detail.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Yep. They are called endorphines natural high of exercise.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Not commuting by bike = very bad mood.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Norky
    Norky Posts: 276
    Did I mention I've not ridden to work for 3 weeks as I've been giving the daughters BF a lift to a training course he's on.....

Wait, what? You're driving your daughter's boyfriend, not your daughter, merely her boyfriend about? Can he not ride a bike himself?

I seriously hope he's paying fuel money.

My crikey you're a more patient fellow than I.
    The above is a post in a forum on the Intertubes, and should be taken with the appropriate amount of seriousness.
  • accident at work which I thought was minor... turned into a lot of pain later, got it checked and I have a tear in my patella tendon and a torn hamstring...... so been stuck driving to work for a month now, been itching to get on the bike again :twisted:

but a quick spin on a gym bike (on the lowest level) hurt like hell after, even driving something with a heavy clutch leaves me walking like an old man :evil:

gonna be a long wait till i am back up to full strength again, i am hoping for November.....
    FCN: 5/6 Fixed Gear (quite rapid) in normal clothes and clips :D

Cannondale CAAD9 / Mongoose Maurice (heavily modified)
  • Norky
    Norky Posts: 276
    Chrissz wrote:
    I also exaggerate it at home to the point where my wife is happy when I go out on a Sunday club ride as I come back chilled and relaxed!

Cunning! Not that I've considered similar subterfuge, oh no, never, not me.
    The above is a post in a forum on the Intertubes, and should be taken with the appropriate amount of seriousness.