Paris - Tours

sherer
sherer Posts: 2,460
edited October 2010 in Pro race
Have spent far too much time on doping threads thought it would be good to talk about some actual racing for a change.

Preview of the race is here

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/paris- ... hc/preview

I think Eurosport have some coverage of this, does anyone know the TV Schedule. With only two more events this year seems the season is almost over.

No Thor and World Champs jersey and Cerverlo weren't invited

Comments

• inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    If it goes down to a sprint most of the top sprinters are missing so would love to see Robbie McEwan get it.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,968
    I'm surprised at the lack of top sprinters in the race. Has the route changed much in recent years as I always thought it was classed as the sprinter's classic.
  • inkyfingers
    There are hills at the end but not enough to stop it being a sprinters race, needs the sprinters to misjudge the catch or for a super strong rider or small group to attack (like happened last year with Gilbert and Boonen).
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • sherer
    does anyone have a full start list yet ?
  • inkyfingers
    sherer wrote:
    does anyone have a full start list yet ?

http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html ... d=MTk5MDU=

courtesy of the PTP thread...
  • sherer
    in that case I wonder if Sagan might have a chance, he's having a good season so far but didn't do that much at the worlds. Steegmans for RS might be able to do something in the sprint too.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    sherer wrote:
    Sagan might have a chance, he's having a good season so far but didn't do that much at the worlds.
    I think a 260km race is always going to be a big ask for a neo-pro, especially one who didn't ride the Vuelta for training. He was 2nd on a lumpy 200km Montreal circuit a month ago though.