Cyclist down, Mansion House gyratory

dhope
dhope Posts: 6,699
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
I didn't see what happened but, around the new Mansion House road layout, part of the road was closed, a few police cars and a bike on the floor, Green Bianchi maybe. Blue Audi (I think) stopped also. I passed it at 9am, someone else at work said there'd been an ambulance there at 8.20.

Here
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... .47,,0,5.1

Finger's crossed it's not too serious
Rose Xeon CW Disc
CAAD12 Disc
Condor Tempo

Comments

• I went past just before 8.20 - there were already a police motorcycle and 2 vans there. There was a female (cyclist presumably as there was a bike on the pavement next to her but can't be sure) wearing a long coat lying on the ground and the position she was in didn't look good at all. Hope it wasn't as bad as it looked.
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    The revised road layout leaves a very dangerous left-hook turning off Queen Victoria Street as the (segregated) cycle lane feeds cyclists straight into the path of left turning vehicles.

Fingers crossed it wasn't too serious.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    That area is 20 yards from work, there are still police there and some mention of it being treated as a crime scene. A few colleagues claimed that a car involved may then have reversed following a collision. No idea if it's true or, if so, intentional, but it doesn't sound good. Fingers firmly crossed.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • so that is what was going on. I went through about 8.45 - but took a diversion.