Rear light suggestions to attach to Topeak Saddle bag

2»

Comments

• I bought the Smart 1/2 watt and it was great... while it lasted. It no longer works. I assume partly due to water ingress but unlike the knogs, which stay on when unhappy, this stays off.

I'm pretty annoyed that it's dead already after only 3 months. Do I go back to the retailer or try and contact Smart direct? Sending it back to Taiwan or Bingen, the EU HQ would cost more than a replacement light!

Does anyone know any lights that CAN cope with water? It being a fairly regular feature of my commute, after all.

Try leaving it on a radiator for a day and see if it drys it out.

Best suggestion I have seen for keeping the Smart lights dry is to wrap them in clingfilm.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    rjsterry wrote:
    I bought the Smart 1/2 watt and it was great... while it lasted. It no longer works. I assume partly due to water ingress but unlike the knogs, which stay on when unhappy, this stays off.

I'm pretty annoyed that it's dead already after only 3 months. Do I go back to the retailer or try and contact Smart direct? Sending it back to Taiwan or Bingen, the EU HQ would cost more than a replacement light!

Does anyone know any lights that CAN cope with water? It being a fairly regular feature of my commute, after all.

My old Cateye (now superseded by the TL-LD610) is still going strong. It's not the brightest, and you have to fit it to a seatpost, so no good for a saddle bag.
    I had one of those for a couple of years and it was great (until the stupid bracket came loose and it flicked into the rear wheel and off into the bushes). The replacement LD1100 is also very good. Disclaimer: I have a rear mudguard and the light is normally fitted to the seatpost
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides