Part-solution to doping?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited October 2010 in Pro race
It's my understanding that most dopers don't often have negative tests - just non-positive ones. ie it's clear there's a high chance they're doping, but not enough proof to get them.

Is this right?

If so, why don't WADA/UCI publish the negative test results? This would enable sponsors to follow the clearly clean teams and would also out the cheats pre-positive test (if Bertie only had about 10 negative tests a year....)

Or am I living in cloud cuckoo land?

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I think you're confused.
  • mapei
    mapei Posts: 17
    "I didn't rob any banks this year - the police should publish a list of everyone that didn't. Then employers would know I'm not a crook."

Get it?
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    Choppered wrote:
    It's my understanding that most dopers don't often have negative tests - just non-positive ones. ie it's clear there's a high chance they're doping, but not enough proof to get them.

Is this right?

If so, why don't WADA/UCI publish the negative test results? This would enable sponsors to follow the clearly clean teams and would also out the cheats pre-positive test (if Bertie only had about 10 negative tests a year....)

Or am I living in cloud cuckoo land?

sponsors and team managers don't really care anyway, it's results that count
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,952
    Much rather the suggestion someone else put up recently that you have a longer ban for a first time offence but provide significant reductions for admitting the offence prior to B sample and an even bigger reduction for grassing up others who are involved.