what was your best customer service ever?

2»

Comments

• Don't mention the Haribos on here. It seems that historically some have always received them whilst others haven't. Terrible sweet envy lives here. There are also people who travel all the way to the south of France to order takeaway pizza and complain when it is ten minutes late regardless of time difference! :lol: .
  • Best service was my replacement bmx frame for a 2007 GT Fueler from DAI Leisure, which the gusset cracked at the headtube. The chainstays were dented through grinding, the rear wheel split at the seam (pinned wheel), the headtube engraved and going rusty too, dented downtube and the aforementioned gusset was rusting as well.

Replaced under warranty without any questions despite clearly leading a hard life, such a shame a week later i got jumped for the new one :cry:
  • Not evans
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Ah, Evans. I bought a camelbak off them, they sent me a tyre. I sent the tyre back and said "Can I have my camelbak please" , they said "sure" and sent me back the same tyre :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    Northwind wrote:
    Ah, Evans. I bought a camelbak off them, they sent me a tyre. I sent the tyre back and said "Can I have my camelbak please" , they said "sure" and sent me back the same tyre :lol:

They had to be having a giggle the 2nd time surely!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Nah, it was miscoded in their stock database apparently and since it was boxed I guess the picker just thought "funny shape for a bag" :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    new sleeve turned up today, i didnt even have to pay for the postage. awesome stuff.
  • Anonymous
    Wizard's sleeve?
  • I had excellent service from Oakley a few years back. One of the arms on my full metal eye jackets broke, so I contacted them about a replacement. They said if I paid for a warranty (£12.50 from memory) they'd sort them out. I posted the glasses to them and they arrived back basically new apart from the lenses. Worn logo on the bridge was renewed, two replacement arms so the logo's matched. Well worth it :)
  • Anonymous
    Wizard's sleeve?

not quite :lol:

however i am setup now for the new bike frame.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    TFTuned for me exemplify good service. Website was really good, forks were only with them for 48hrs as you book your slot in advance so they wait attached to your bike not in their workshop. Staff on the phone were great, service did what it was supposed to. They offer to collect (at a cost but that's not the point they provide a full door to door service). When they stripped the forks they needed a new assembly which retails at around £ 150. I knew they were knackered and was impressed that the gut working on them rang me to confirm my guess and get authorisation to complete the repair. It then got better as he said I only needed one part of this assembly and it was usually the other bit that fails so they'd split it and only charge me £ 42 for the bits I actually needed. No extra labour charge.

A bit like NorthWinds comment, they did what they said they would very very well. It's great when suppliers sort out problems quickly but it's even better when you get more for your money than you expected up front.

I've be raving about TFTuned ever since (must be due a free service by now :wink: ).
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • gtd.
    gtd. Posts: 626
    A pair of Oakley Wiretaps got squashed... rang Oakley UK for a price of a new frame and the said send them to us and we'll take a look, got them back with new frames for no charge :D

Left them in the glove box of works van and the went missing :(

Got a pair of Animal Volts for now as they were really cheap but will get Oakleys again
    Mountain: Orange Patriot FR, SubZero & Evo2LE.
    Road: Tifosi Race Custom.
    Do it all bike: Surly Disc Trucker 700c/29er
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    Evans cycles for the warranty replacement on my COmmencal Super 4.

They went out of their way more than once to make sure i was happy. I ended up with a Meta 5 2010 and they got a few quid for forks out of me, so we were all happy.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    Hmm - email from Endura today saying I now have to send my shorts back to the shop I got them from as they no longer do direct warranty replacements...booo!!!

This means I now have to send them from N Wales to Cornwall in order for them to be sent back to Scotland, the retunr sent to Cornwall before sending them back to N Wales. Thats if the shop has them in stock an despite what they say i didnt see alot of endura in there when I was last there!

Shame, They ve now been downgraded from Excellent to middling....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • andyrm
    andyrm Posts: 550
    Sheeps - amazed you haven't mentioned the legend that is Roger at Bionicon! I don't know many sales & marketing managers for a bike brand that will ring you on your mobile to talk you through a bearing swap while you're doing it or sort urgently needed parts off a demo bike to ensure the customer keeps riding. Really spot on approach and a lesson in how it should be done.
  • Anonymous
    andyrm wrote:
    Sheeps - amazed you haven't mentioned the legend that is Roger at Bionicon! I don't know many sales & marketing managers for a bike brand that will ring you on your mobile to talk you through a bearing swap while you're doing it or sort urgently needed parts off a demo bike to ensure the customer keeps riding. Really spot on approach and a lesson in how it should be done.

good point.

i needed replacement rear bearings for the GW and he sent them out, no questions asked, didnt even need a reciept.

also, i decided to move the orange button so needed some new hoses and fittings and he sent out more than i needed again no questions asked.

outstanding bloke.