Evans and warranty

trebor127
trebor127 Posts: 246
edited October 2010 in MTB general
Hi again...Just a quick question really. I'm just wondering what people would accept as a reasonable time scale to be able to obtain a sram x9 rear mech and have it fitted under warranty as mine went capput....Evans have had my bike two weeks now and still the replacement mech hasn't arrived in store even though it 'has' been posted....

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Assuming it's a long cage stock is:

"At Store – The item is in stock at one of our stores. The item will be requested back to our warehouse and should be in stock at our warehouse within 10-14 days. Once in stock, bikes are subject to our usual build and delivery times. For more details please contact us."

Although I would be strongly suggesting to them they should take one off a stock bike, and replace that when one comes in.

But on the other hand, I would have had a Shimano one, so it wouldn't have failed.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • trebor127
    turned out that sram was telling porkies...They had never posted the mech due to a 'technical' glitch....Anyway, they are sending me a replacement X0 mech free of charge as they have apprantly no x9s left...Happy days..
  • Well I'd say that an X= upgrade for free made it worth it to wait.
  • doesnt warrenty on the evans bike only cover the frame i belive so any damage to parts doesnt count i thought.
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners
  • trebor127
    doesnt warrenty on the evans bike only cover the frame i belive so any damage to parts doesnt count i thought.

Its a 6 week old bike, just had its first service and the mech wouldn't shift all the way..Got to wait even longer now..Fishers (evans sram supplier) have sent a Gold mech instead of a red or black like I requested :evil:
  • heez29
    heez29 Posts: 612
    trebor127 wrote:
    doesnt warrenty on the evans bike only cover the frame i belive so any damage to parts doesnt count i thought.

Its a 6 week old bike, just had its first service and the mech wouldn't shift all the way..Got to wait even longer now..Fishers (evans sram supplier) have sent a Gold mech instead of a red or black like I requested :evil:

Fisher Outdoors is usually pretty good when speaking to them they can be dicks though.

And Fisher only have red providing you have 10spd.
  • trebor127
    heez29 wrote:
    trebor127 wrote:

Fisher Outdoors is usually pretty good when speaking to them they can be dicks though.

And Fisher only have red providing you have 10spd.

Yeah, they said that they had posted it when they actually hadn't..Not evans fault really. Maybe if I am lucky and they can't provide me with what it was like or what i'm happy with, I might get 10 speed :roll: :roll: