Cervelo R3 or LOOK 595 VHM

Muztard
Muztard Posts: 160
edited October 2010 in Road buying advice
I've really happy with my Cervelo Soloist Team. So happy I'm looking to get a second bike namely a R3, most likely a 2010 model. However, someone from my club that know more about bikes than I suggests I shouldn't be exclusive to one brand. And he also knows someone selling a Look 595 VHM for a bargain price.

Anyone got any comments on the Look 595?

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Marvellous bike. But why have two very similar bikes? :?
  • Muztard
    Muztard Posts: 160
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Marvellous bike. But why have two very similar bikes? :?

Is the R3 similar to my Aluminum Soloist? I'm new to cycling, only got my Soloist on the road April 2010. It's a great bike but I thought the R3 would give me me options?

Soloist for TTs and R3 for Centuries and Hill climbs? And either one for club rides.
  • Anonymous
    Both are race oriented bikes of similar geometry (although I assumed the soloist was the carbon one for some reason...)

If I had two bikes and was going to do a mix of TTs and centuries/hill climbs I'd have a TT bike and a Road bike...
  • Funnily enough, I was having exactly the same thoughts about my alu 2009 Soloist team (i.e. a S1). However, instead of the R3 I was looking at the RS for longer, non-racing rides. There's lots been written about the RS's longer head tube giving it a more upright riding position that's supposed be more comfortable over long distances, etc. From what I've read, the R3 is a more aggressive ride, closer in nature to the S1 (but with a carbon frame, of course)
  • Anonymous
    I could understand it more if it was the RS...
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Cant really see the point in two race bikes. I'd get a bike thats different - maybe a cross bike for gentle off roading or for use as a cack weather winter bike ? Thats what I do anyway. Er thats why i have 5 bikes...