Suitable 3-man tent?

Bodhbh
Bodhbh Posts: 117
edited October 2010 in Tour & expedition
Me and my mate I go touring with are looking to go halves on a tent. To date we've both been using our own 1-man tents (mine a Lightwave T1 Trek, his a Hillberg Akto), however when it gets dark and/or the weather draws in it would be good to have somewhere big enough to hang out in comfortably and not be shouting at each other from our porches.

Any suggestions? I guess neither of us is too concerned about weight, would rather it be bombproof, and we are both big lads who like our own space, so would prefer to er on the side of roominess.

He's very happy with the Akto, so obviously the Nallo GT is one option, but it's a bit on the pricey side.

Comments

• I have a Vango Spirit 200+ which an superb 2-man tent. It weighs in at about 2.8kg which means it is heavy for one person (but very luxurious) and great for spending long dark evenings in when cycle camping in March. Very stable (lots of pegging points) and a big porch for cooking in during inclement weather. Vango make the Spirit 300+ which appears identical in shape but, obviously, larger. Worth checking out as this range of Vango tents as they are really well made and, compared to other top quality brands, are good value for money. I hope this helps
  • Bodhbh
    Bodhbh Posts: 117
    Alright cheers will look at the Vango tents! :)