Morpeth question

jimmypippa
jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
It looks as if I will be in central London on a training course for a couple of nights (Monday 18th and Tues 19th October).

I see from reading the forum that people sometimes congregate in "The Morpeth".

I guess this is the Morpeth Arms in Pimlico.

Would it be worth visiting on a Monday night?

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    jimmypippa wrote:
    It looks as if I will be in central London on a training course for a couple of nights (Monday 18th and Tues 19th October).

I see from reading the forum that people sometimes congregate in "The Morpeth".

I guess this is the Morpeth Arms in Pimlico.

Would it be worth visiting on a Monday night?

If you're buying then yes :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I shall see if I can get a pass for a pint.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jimmypippa
    Ah...

There has been a change of plan, I won't be staying in London - my Dad will be at home, so will be visiting him instead...
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Take him to the Morpeth for a pint?...
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • jimmypippa
    Ah,just got back to Derbyshire. I took him to his local for a pint (across the road from him).

Why do so many people use the tube rather than cycle/walk in London?

I was looking with envy at the Boris bikes that went past me and wishing they'd got the casual user scheme started, as I walked from Charing Cross to Grosvenor Square. I did take the tub eback as I wanted to be quick and it wasn't very nice.

I did notice a lot more cyclists than last time I was in London, and a Britania removal lorry crew mouthing off at a woman cyclist on Hyde Park corner for no apparent reason (well she was in the correct lane for cycling in the direction she was going, which was in the road, as opposed to the gutter, so I suppose that is sufficient reason...)