Marin Toscana - which mudguards?

LaserMaster
LaserMaster Posts: 25
edited October 2010 in Road buying advice
Hi all

Straightforward really, has anyone sucessfully fitted a set of mudguards to their Toscana? Wife's fed up with the muddy stripe up my back after any wet commute ...

Cheers

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,203
    what tyres have you got on it?

if they're skinny ones crud roadracers fit ok on a toscana

if you've got the original/similar tyres the roadracers will be too narrow, but there's bags of room for bigger mudguards
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • I'm currently running 32mm Conti Gatorskins, but will go for the 35mm version next time. The 32's feel and look very small (I've not measured them), and don't absorb many of the bumps.

Thanks for the advice, but will the Crud Roadracers fit over the disc brakes?

Cheers.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,203
    the crud roadracer does fit on a toscana, but it takes a bit of experimentation to find the right position for the rear mounts because of the brake mounting

but it is NOT the right choice for 32mm tyres

you'll need something much wider, maybe one of the sks or zefal models, they have many different styles/fittings, best bet will be to try the local bike shop, then you can compare the fittings to see what will work best

if it's just the stripe up the back you want to avoid, then you can get guards that clamp to the seat tube, this sort of thing...

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Zefal ... 360044498/
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny