Is it normal?

Tomzic
Tomzic Posts: 46
edited October 2010 in MTB general
I bottom out my rear suspension quite a few times over cannock chase, I set my sag at 25% so i presume its normal.

Just thought id double check with you guys.

Tom.

Comments

• What rear travel do you have?

Unless you have less than 120/100mm I'd double check your sag and pressure - there isn't much at Cannock that should bottom you out if forks set up correctly from what I remeber from last visit
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Depends a lot on your riding style, some people will reckon on bottoming out once a ride, some will say they should never bottom out.

If you like how the bike rides then it's fine, if you feel you're blowing through the travel the whole time then put more air in it. For the 10 seconds it'll take I'd try a bit more and see how you like it.
  • richg1979
    richg1979 Posts: 1,087
    i can quite easyly use all my 160/170mm travel at 15% sag over cannock chase.
  • richg1979 wrote:
    i can quite easyly use all my 160/170mm travel at 15% sag over cannock chase.

Holy cow, i knew there were some pretty deep bombholes last time i went has there been an air strike since?
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Tomzic wrote:
    I set my sag at 25% so i presume its normal.
    25% should be the max, it's not the recommended sag.
    Try with between 15% and 20% of sag.
  • Generally 20% for fast cross country, 25% for general trail riding and 30%+ for freeride or downhill duties, and for cannock chase 25% would be what i'd run, or at least use as a base point.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Depends on the bike too.
    Uncompromising extremist