Harry 2.0 is amazing

moonio
moonio Posts: 802
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
I'm not sure if Boardman have changed the spec for my replacement Hybrid comp but Harry 2.0 feels like a completely different bike.
He is FAAAAAAST, and the gearing and geometry feel very different.
Granted I have left off some of the 'comfort'??? additions such as the sus seatpost and 32cc marathon plus's plus i bought a abus varriago to replace the very heavy but totally useless abus chain that saw the departure of Harry1.0

The gearing must be slightly lower as I can now glide up hills I struggled with before, I can also beat most of the guys on my commute :) hahahah

I could also have just become a lot fitter ;)
Loving the new bike!!

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    New bikes are always quicker, but be aware that they get slower as they got older. That's why you need to buy a new one each year.

Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do to stop it from happening, although painting an old bike red can help.

Enjoy the new bike!
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    32c Marathons are very heavy, so having normal tyres on there will certainly make a difference.

What Abus chain did you have? The expensive ones are regarded as very good, I have one for my bike at home and use a Varedo when out and about - which isn't supposed to be the best.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Congratulations on the new bike and I concur with Asprilla's statement re getting slower as they age 8).

All hail Harry 2.0 :D
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    If Asprilla's comments about old bikes feeling slower are right, then my old 531 must barely move, given that it's from 1988... :shock:

And I thought it was just my fat ar53 that was slowing me down...

It's just a hill. Get over it.