Winter Jacket

dav_safc
dav_safc Posts: 59
edited October 2010 in Commuting general
Hi folks. One Gore Phantom looking a bit rough round the edges. The other might see this winter out. Would by the same again but money a bit tight at the moment.
So can anyone recommend a decent l/s windproof type thing for say £ 60-70.
Not a big fan of stuff in dark colours.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Try here: http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12730876

Aldi jackets also seemed to have been getting a mention. Don't knwo what they're like, mind.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I used an Aldi Soft shell through last winter, was just right for me, and dirt cheap!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Have a look at the Proviz stuff, it's very good and commuter orientated in my opinion.
  • I had an aldi soft shell two year back but the zip broke quickly other than it was great and I think the new ones have better quality zips.
  • Thanks fols will take a look, David
  • clu
    clu Posts: 89
    You could try one of these. I bought one in a size small (I have a 37 inch chest there's still plenty of room left when I'm wearing it), absolutely love it. I've been using it everyday for about 3 weeks now commuting to and from work. I've been after a hi-viz jacket at a reasonable price for ages.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-hi-vis-cycle-jacket-mens-636109

There's no zips at the side of the jacket to help improve ventilation, but this hasn't bothered me. When the really cold weather comes I think this will be a really good jacket. Really good value for money, recommend it.
    2004 Trek 5500 OCLV
    2014 Cervelo R3 Black/Blue
    2018 Cervelo R3 Disc Navy/Red
    2018 Trek Domane SL 5 Disc Grey
    2020 Trek Domane SL 5 Disc Matte Navy